This is our club apart from when owt needs to be told

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Ted

Ted Active Member

Make tools
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s very rare I post on here, but feel compelled to do so on this thread, HT is a nasty troll, I’m not sure if he’s completely deluded or just partly deluded and an attention seeker. The only way to shut him up is no one to reply on his threads, let him shout into his own void. I know I’ve just replied on his thread but it’s a one time only post. Message to HT ...bore off.

2. Wayne

Wayne Well-Known Member

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I spoke to him in town centre a week ago, he's a decent bloke and did say he's open to anyone who wants to talk to him.

He's on Twitter and responds to people etc etc

sitting bull likes this.
  3. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Patrick's health is more of a reason than anything, he was present at the engagement meetings with Mansford. I don't think a one on one with GG would be quite as interesting/engaging, especially when it would simply devolve into ten different versions of "when's tekkover 'appening?"

4. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And as soon as he had the chance he jumped ship to Leeds United! He didn't care 1 diddly squat about this club so how on Earth could he be in touch with the fans?

5. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair it's a ballache trying to get a bag of chips at summer lane chippy. It's hardly ever open and when it is their queuing out of the door and down the street!

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s hard to read what you’ve put, it doesn’t make much sense but I’ll have a go at interpreting it.

He got himself on the radio as much as possible to tell everybody how great he was & how great the decisions the club had made were & ended up getting a move to Leeds for more money which he was after.

There’s a reason Mansford wasn’t giving interviews to Radio Leeds every week & it’s because it’s not good for business.

You’ve got absolutely no idea how good of an agent Ben Mansford was & neither have I. How do you know he didn’t leave that side of the industry because he struggled at it?

Engage your brain & think about what you’re posting. ‘He’s 100 times more knowledgeable than Gauthier Ganaye on agents’ based on what? Figures plucked out of your arse.

shed131, Red CB and Metatarsal like this.
  7. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

TBF Paul imho having dealt face to face with Ben Mansford - the most charitable thing I can say about him is that he is a triumph of style over substance. He certainly didn't like being challenged, and in my experience had zero empathy for a view that didn't match his. Blessing that he bailed on us in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    Redstar likes this.
  8. Toe

ToeNailClippers Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why?

9. Toe

ToeNailClippers Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair to GG, he’ll know that if he puts himself out there he’s going to get asked questions that he legally can’t answer right now. I think he’ll be a lot different once it finally goes through.

ScubaTyke and shed131 like this.
  10. seethi

seethi Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well said Exile PC could have easily walked away and not looked back.Time is not on His side but He’s still putting the Club first

ScubaTyke likes this.
  11. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    18:10 .................... 4 pages.

<pours a beer and opens another bag of popcorn>

12. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’d be better off pressing the ban button...

13. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd love to be a fly on your wall, in the unlikely event of you ever being in a position to buy a house. Trying to get some sense out of all the various parties and their solicitors involved in the chain. You've got some growing up to do, lad.

14. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I think the nickname he was given explains it. I never took to him, wouldn't trust him or anything he said. That's just my opinion though/

15. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    First of all. It's an opinion. people like you as your mate conan would say don't give an opinion but but slag those off that do.

second of all. I see everyone is on Phil's back, as usual, but I have to say there is some truth in what he says, isn't there? Gally

He runs the forum and can see whats happening from the likes of you every time I post.

so give an opinion back or shut it

16. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst this is extremely badly written I get and agree with the sentiment HT is trying to get across.

The communication from the club for me has dropped in quality remarkably in the last 18 months. The 03.11.2017 stuff has been badly done and dare I say ill advised.

I get the confidentiality clauses in take over talks, but it would have taken two minutes to say the report in the paper was just rubbish and things were going fine. I do believe under Mansford we'd have known a bit more.

17. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Under mansford we would have had updates on at least a weekly basis. Don’t disagree.

The buyers would also have probably walked away or insisted he be removed from position.

If anyone thinks Ben mansford went on local radio etc to engage with fans and promote the club then you are sadly deluded.

He did so to increase his personal exposure and put himself in a shop window - or at the very least because he was a bit of an egotist he rated himself a bit too much.

As a fan I’d love to know all the ins and outs of the club’s business. As a realist, and as owner director of my own company, plus having worked in the financial sector for the last 6 years, I know that level of public disclosure would potentially be dangerous, definitely counter productive - and completely against the best interests of the club. That is before the fact that the buyers will have most certainly have requested full cooperation in releasing as little info as possible until the takeover completes, if indeed it does.

As for being an agent, I’m not sure that if Mansford was any good it he’d choose to come to Barnsley as a ceo - with the comparatively modest salary attached to it - if he had a slice of a lot of players salaries and transfers.

Nothing wrong with being frustrated and wanting to know more. Making the suggestions that have been made on here and the personal attacks on the people at the club trying their best - including a dying man and his immediate family - is lower than a snakes belly

MappRed, Farnham_Red, Exile and 2 others like this.
  18. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is truly wonderful to read on here about how wonderful players managers and staff are, until they leave.

It is truly pathetic to read on here about how awful they are (and always were) when they were with us, once they're gone.

19. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Barring bobbing on the radio week in, week out and popping into New Lodge Club for half a cheap stout and chat with the fans, did Ben ever make any lasting changes to the club, or leave any kind of long term legacy?

That's a genuine question by the way, as barring the club crest fiasco, I can't think of anything...

20. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    . Surely this is the epitome of irony? Look irony up in the dictionary Phil, you may have a pleasant surprise