This is what happens ladies and gents...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by twillo, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So I presume now you admit that Mowatt has nor played centrally you try and deflect by changing the discussion and playing the happy clapper card.

Ok I will bite Moncur was played centrally because of injuries and suspension and there was literally not another able body. As soon as this cleared he was immediately dropped or am I missing summat. Did I miss him starring in midfield yesterday. Many apologies if that's the case.

Lee Johnson played Winnall on the wing a few times does that make him a winger in your wibbly wobbly world. I wondered saw Paul Futcher pushed up front for the last 5 minutes once do you have him down as a centre forward? Very literal I like this approach

2. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep agree with most of that.
    I've no problem selling Alfie when they did.
    I've no problem selling Bree when they did.
    But having to sell or should I say give away Winnall and Hourihane, main players for the club, while just ONE POINT away from the playoffs because they had short term contracts can only be discribed as a DISGRACE!!!
    The directors should be hanging their heads in shame.

3. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry when did I admit that? Did mowatt not come on off the bench and play centrally last week against Brighton then?

Josh scowen has at times been played wide - is he a winger? Or a full back even? No. But he can be used in such ways and needn't be labelled and stuck with one single position. Like mowatt, moncur or anyone else. Yiadom can play left and right back, and further forward. The wide men can play centrally and the forwards wide. Maybe only the centre backs and keeper should be kept to those sole positions. My point, which you are either missing or refusing to take, is that you can't conclude players haven't been replaced by assuming they will stick to one position constantly. Similar with Hedges as and when he's brought in, it may be wide, it may be central. We might not stick to 4-4-2 with the personnel we have. Whatever, up to the coaching staff.

Just because I don't agree with you on one point doesn't make me a 'happy clapper'. Or even wrong. Neither does it make you wrong. Neither of us can prove either way.

I forgot we couldn't exchange opinion on here for long before one party has to start picking at the other pettily.

In my 'wibbly wobbly world' you I'm afraid are coming across as an arrogant 'proper fan' who refuses to accept anyone else's viewpoint has merit. I'm not refusing to accept yours, just debating against it.

No real need to be as aggressive, there's enough wum's on here to engage fella.

Can we at least agree that even with all the changes to the squad they still deserve our unwavering support? Whether you or i think they are good enough, they are always in games and battling. And it's certainly nobody on the field of play's fault that we did or did not sign a central midfielder or striker in January.

If we stay united behind them, they may well finish strongly, and make the club an attractive proposition for potential summer recruits. As we will need a striker in summer, no doubt, as well as players elsewhere to replace the couple who will likely leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We will need three strikers in the summer given we only own one now

5. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, or at least a couple if we retain Marley. Agree with that, though I've seen nothing in Armstrong to suggest Newcastle will want him in their (presumably) premier league squad, nor that much to suggest we'd have a stack of competition in the championship for him.

In fact I'd suggest we might not want him at all. He's been ok at best.

I hope we've got a good half dozen targets in the lower and non leagues earmarked by this point. I reckon there's a good chance we have.

We will of course still have to bring some premier league kids in on loan, I'm not a fan of this but it's a reality we have to face. If these clubs are happy to foot the majority of their player's wage for us to play them, we have to utilise that to spread our funds wider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think we will keep Marley.

I'd be very surprised and a tad disappointed if we did bring Armstrong back.

It's critical we have the person in place to sort contracts and transfers.

7. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You started the pettiness I responded. I probably shouldn't have you are right.

8. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You started the pettiness I responded. I probably shouldn't have you are right.

But yes we probably need 10-12 players in the summer as we will be down to 1 striker and Mowatt and Moncur as midfielders with Hamill as the lone winger (unless we resign Ryan Williams which I guess would be a gamble given his fitness issues).