This worries me a bit from the BBC match report....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tekkytyke, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Hecky quoted as saying ....

" I'm generally not bad at getting the result in perspective, good or bad, but I feel a bit thrown today from the feedback I'm getting from other people and how I feel about the game."

Any idea what he meant? Very unlike him to come out with something like this. What "feedback" "others" and by "game" does he mean the Derby match or football in general? I really hope it is just a blip and he is not becoming disillusioned with how things are going.

2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think he means game as in the match and he's saying that usually his opinion on how we played is shared by most other people but yesterday he thought we were crap but everyone else says we played well and we're unlucky (or the other way round) so it's thrown/confused him a bit as to why the way he saw the game was so different to everyone else. Nothing to read into it in my opinion, just a manager who was surprised that his opinion on our performance didn't match that of everyone else.

3. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Hope you are right. You probably are. Was a bit jittery at the thought of Hecky becoming unsettled. He is key to our future prospects IMHO (in spite of the usual 'no-one person is bigger than the club' mantra)

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought we were OK firs half and poor second so I think I agree with him

5. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading his comments and listening to his interviews he was not happy with certain individuals and thought we were ***** at times. He has been thrown as the feedback he is getting from elsewhere is how well we played and how we should not have lost. He clearly does not see it that way although he did say we should and could have got soemthing from the game.