Time to go Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by OnGoingCloud1887, Dec 9, 2017.

1. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As much as Winnall could drift out of games he always carries a threat, Bradders runs around a lot but is no where near as good im afraid.

2. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He did used to make space for himself and position himself in the box really well but I just can’t have seen him scoring as many with the creativity we currently have (or don’t have).

But like you say, we’ll never know.

3. RC_

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Bradshaw would’ve carried more of a threat too with Hourihane supplying him and Watkins dragging defenders out of position. I remember when people behind me cheered in games when Sam was subbed off. These same people cheered when Potts was subbed yesterday too. You know because that really helps the confidence of players!

I’m not digging into Sam, he was a good player for us and scored some great goals but I don’t think there’s a huge difference between him and Bradshaw.

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley

I do. I think they're completely different players. There's no way on earth we'd get the work-rate out of Winnall that we're currently seeing from Bradshaw. But I don't believe Bradshaw is capable of scoring the type of goals that Winnall could. Winnall certainly benefited from having Hourihane in the team. I'm sure Bradshaw would too. But not every goal scored by Winnall was popped onto his head from a Hourihane cross. Look at the Walsall play-off game at home. Winnall's second goal is spectacular, created entirely by himself. Bradshaw can't do that. I'm not dissing him, I like Bradshaw, but I can see his limitations like I could see Winnall's.

wakeyred and Jimmy viz like this.
  5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    What we do know is Bradshaw played a lot of games last season and didn't score as many. Including a spell at the start of the season when Sam was injured. It's all about opinions and mine is Winnall is a better striker than Bradshaw

6. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nobody should be calling for his head, but as a business and being in the entertainment industry things have to get better soon. We can't risk relegation and season pass sales after 4 home league wins all year are going to go down. We play a big bulky slow player in Potts on the wing. On the bench we have a winger in Hedges who's scored more than Thiam and Ugbo combined and in a lot less games. We continue to play Yiadom when he doesn't want to play for us and again yesterday he was at fault for another goal. We were in a strong run of form till the Norwich game and the next match he changes half the team and our form hasn't yet recovered.

Players seem to be shouting at eachother on the pitch. It happened with a few different double acts yesterday. The main one when Davies charged from his box to shout at his team mate instead of taking a goal kick sooner. Someone thought Ugbo and Gardner were good enough for us. We have players signed only a few months ago that we should be trying to ship out already in a few weeks. We seem to expect the same tactics at signing players to work every season. If we don't get some experience signed it's going to be a long hard second half of the season. I don't think we should sign a load of 30 plus year olds, but 2-3 older heads would really help bring on the younger lads with less experience, like when we signed Wilkinson/Hendrie for one of our best seasons ever or when we brought in Long/Hammill for another of them.

7. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like Winnall but having a player like Houriane as a supply line, was certainly a big help , Bradshaw this season does not have that luxury

8. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I believe what you are saying is correct , however , my point is that some of the fans turning against Hecky are the same ones who were up in arms a few weeks ago when the club were getting hammered over his contract, surely that cannot be right

9. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with all of that.
    What we are seriously lacking is a proper captain, a leader on the pitch. An organiser.
    Remember when we got Peter Ramage on loan, I don't ever recall him wearing the captains armband, but everyone around him knew their job, where to place themselves defending a corner etc. At present, they often look like a bunch of confused young men looking for some leadership or direction.

10. RC_

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are very different strikers yes but when I said I don’t think there’s a big difference between them, I meant in terms of goals. Of course both strikers have their limitations, if they didn’t they wouldn’t have ever played for Barnsley.

I think that because we are on this losing run there’s extra negativity around (inevitably) and no player is shown in a good light. When we were on that awful losing run in league 1 I don’t recall Winnall get all the praise then.

I still think Tom will end up with a respectable number of goals this season. But footballs a weird game and clearly wth my betting record this season, I’m no good at predicting it so who knows?

11. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bradshaw had it last season did little or nothing with it.

12. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well , considering Conner left in january & Bradshaw only started to get more game time after Winnall left in january, I do not think you can make a fair comparison

13. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Can't disagree with that, but remember Bradsahw was in the side at the start if last season. He had the same supply and didn't score as many. Obviously Winnall would find it harder in this side as would anyone. Because we are very poor.

14. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Not true Winnall got injured first game of the season. Bradshaw had a run of games. Was also played alongside Winnall in a lot of games too. Bradshaw featured in 42 games last season.

15. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I genuinely think the players r giving there best, but finding the formula for getting the best out of them is missing.Is it tactics motivation or the fact that were just mediocre. We've all been ere before in recent years and wi art any investment its always gunna be.