Today’s game

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by TrueRed92, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Tru

TrueRed92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Anyone doing the player ratings for today’s game? I’d love to know

2. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good all round team performance . 7-8 every body .

3. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nice to see Moore and mcburnie link up well , think they made difference them playing together,rather than the switch to 4-3-3. Them playing in a 4-4-2 would be good too

TrueRed92 and occook like this.
  4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'll have a go:-

Townsend 7 - Couple of very good saves in the first half, kicking bar one howler was sound, then got caught in possession in the second and later had a flapping around moment on the edge of his box.
    Yiadom 7.5 - Just oozes class, liking the way he's taking to being captain, worked well with Mamadou going forward and put in an exquisite cross in the second half.
    Jackson 7.5 - Calm, solid, just like he'd improved to before his injury. Good influence on Lindsay, I reckon.
    Lindsay 7.5 - Strong and dominant. Nowt really seemed to get through the centre of our defence.
    Fryers 7 - Dodgy moment early on where he dallied and stood off their lad and allowed him to shoot. Got better and I thought he had a decent game. Keep him off set pieces!
    Williams 8.5 - Best game for a long time. Back to something like his early season form, won loads of ball for us and won back a load too. All over the place.
    Potts 7 - Good honest toil for 90 minutes, wins ball, breaks forward. Can't shoot for toffee!
    Gardner 7- We played a 4-1-2-3 formation allowing Potts and Gardner to break forward a few times which he did well. Couple of really good runs but the finish troubled the bloke in row Z. Another one to keep off set pieces!
    Thiam 8 - Best 60 minutes in a red (well white) shirt for me today. All action, combined well with Yids, strong and good crosses for the goal.
    Moore 8.5 - What a shift! A reet handful, winning stuff in the air, holding it up on the ground, always in where it hurts. Ran his blood to water and was keeping Brum's back four occupied on his own at the end.
    McBurnie 9 - Oh what might have been had we had this lad since August. Proper goal-scoring forward, crap pen but every other time the ball comes near him you think he's going to score. Love him!

I'm not going to mark the subs but:-

Mahoney - Couple of neat touches, ran about more than last time and didn't seem to do owt majorly wrong but we were into protecting the lead when he came on and so limited chance to shine.
    Knasmuellner - Seems to glide across the turf, one combo with Moore but other than that a very quiet debut.
    Pearson - Only on last few minutes, one header and that was game over.

Connor likes this.