Tom Bradshaw

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Dec 27, 2016.

1. The Ted

The Ted Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tom Bradshaw should play every week barring injury or suspension. He is the absolute perfect foil/partner for Winnall who can just concentrate on scoring goals (which he's done with aplomb recently).

To change a winning team on a decent run other than through forced changes is just mental.

2. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seems you think Bradshaw should play when available.

There may be other circumstances when it might not be reasonable to expect him to play.

We ought not to be too restrictive. Human rights and all that.

3. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd play him. I know he's not scored since the Norwich game, but I think he's played well. He's got a good touch, and can pass with his head as well as some can do with their feet. Great, though, that we have the ability to make changes and bring in equally effective replacements if that's what is decided.

4. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes! Yes and thrice Yes! He is getting into goalscoring positions and hitting the target, or close to it often enough. GIve him time and these will turn to goals. Look at Sam Winnall's early season ratio of goals to games and look at him now. I recall Gary Lineker saying that missing chances did not worry him, but not getting chances did. Tom is getting into goalscoring positions and that is more than half the battle.

5. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Marley and Sam are our Sutton and shearer, Yorke and Cole. Not bad strike force when Armstrong is forth choice.

6. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With two games in three days (B'ham Saturday, Forest Monday) I think we'd be daft not to make the most of our squad by putting some fresh legs in there. I don't think changing a winning team should necessarily be viewed as a cardinal sin when we've got good players in reserve and short rest periods between games.

Hammill will be back from suspension for the Forest game, then we've got Watkins, Armstrong, Williams and maybe Aidy White to bring in who would all warrant a shirt in my opinion. With the incredible intensity we play at I think it's important to change things now and again so energy levels are up there.

7. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Re: Ton Bradshaw

Are you serious? Name me one centre half in the world who is fast 'with the ball at their feet'. This means they're dribbling - er, no thanks. What a bizarre post.

8. Met

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we have plenty of pace in the side. You can't counter attack like we do without pace. However, it's no good having raw speed if other players in the team can't pass accurately. Let the ball do the work. Bree, Morsy, Hourihane and Kent yesterday played some great through balls right into the runners stride. Not every one came off but the pass was often matched by Winnall or Bradshaw making a perfectly timed run (Winnall's goal for example). Bree's pass to Watkins for the second goal top drawer too. Davis often has the same impact with his throw outs - puts us 50 yards up the pitch and onto the attack.

9. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Thought Bree was outstanding yesterday. One of the best games I've seen him play going forward.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

10. Met

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Concur with that mate. He looks at peak fitness too. Fingers crossed he can stay injury free now.

11. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd keep him in there. The only change I'd make would be Watkins for Kent but even then that feels a little bit harsh on Kent but I just want Watkins in the side & Scowen's been superb the last two times I've seen him out wide

12. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    said derek fazackerley