Tom Bradshaw..

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Shepley Red, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It isnlt blaming him, it is saying that another player might have actually offered something

Duntpasstome likes this.
  2. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its clear to me what he said, he blames Bradshaw & never mentions any other player who would have made any difference but you read it different, thats fine

3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

No one's making him THE scapegoat. He's one of many reasons we're poor, and if you read through all last night's posts there is plenty of reference to other players being poor. Townsend, defensive midfield pairing, Isgrove etc.

Would you be happy for him to continue being first choice striker and just keep making allowances for him?

Personally, I'm surprised how long it's taken for people to realise how poor he is. For me he's the same player from his very first game for us at Ipswich last season when he replaced winnall through injury.

Question is, do we get shut at the end of the season or do we give him a go in league one, which seems to be his level.

Redstone and Duntpasstome like this.
  4. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was responding to a post about him being blamed for us being in the bottom three , taking away your dislike for him , do you honestly think its down solely to him or would you agree there are many reasons why we are struggling ? Regarding your question about next season , for me it will depend on what league we are in & how the coach reshapes his squad. As for him being first choice striker , I personally would prefer McBurnie as our main striker but I think that all the forward players we have in the current squad will have a role to play

5. fit

Dislike is the wrong term. Better to say I don't rate him as a footballer. Yes he's scored in 9 games this season, and has had the odd decent game, but overall I think he's poor.

I don't blame any individual player for our current predicament.

I actually willed him to do better. I've sat with his parents at a few games and they're lovely people. Can't be nice sitting watching and hearing your son get stick.

I think a season and half is enough to judge if he's going to do it or not, and don't think he's any better or worse than he's been with us on the whole. I always feel his goals come as a shock rather than capping a great performance.

Redstone likes this.
  6. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like Bradshaw. It was clear when he was up against us in the play off semi finals that he couldn't trouble two good defenders though. Certainly not on his own.
    If we stay up then we need a better option. The question is if we go down do we keep him knowing he can score 20 plus at that level or do we get someone in who we are more confident can thrive both in League 1 and the Championship.

7. fit

The playoffs were the first time I really noticed him, and I thought he was exactly the same as he is now.

I inboxed a wallsall fan yesterday and he said that Bradshaw played on his own quite a bit for them.

Just the jump up in quality mate. Winall did it, Bradshaw and fletcher haven't.

8. ben

benjamoose Well-Known Member

Bradders pretty much needs the ball on a plate to be able to score. He won’t ever create a goal out of an individual moment of magic like McBurnie against sheff wed.

Unfortunately we don’t have midfielders who have the creative spark to land it on a plate for him in the first place

9. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, don't disagree. When he played against us he was up against what was essentially a Championship centre back pairing in Mawson and Roberts. He won't find many like that if we go down so should prosper. However, it might be a short sighted philosophy. Until you've got someone who can at least match him at league one level you'd have to keep him though. He and Moore are both proven at that level.

10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought he was decent & made the best out of little service in the first 3 months of the season but I think at the moment he’s completely devoid of any confidence & he’s spent that long running himself into the ground he seems like he’s forgotten how to score or to get in scoring positions.

I do feel for him a bit because he shouldn’t have been in a position where he pretty much had to start every game up to January.

Definitely could do with a spell on the bench with cameos off the bench to try & get his sharpness back

fitzytyke2 and Jimmy viz like this.
  11. Cod Eye

Cod Eye Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Bradshaw looks like an old school goal poacher to me, and thats the problem. Poachers are a dying position in modern day football. These days, strikers need more than just a single outstanding attribute like finishing to be a success.

I agree that Moore would be a much better option at this stage(if JM plays 2 up top). His height means he can contribute to more phases of play that Bradshaw has/can.

I've got to be honest though, when we signed Moore I thought he would be the key to getting the best out of Bradshaw....

12. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree, Moore and McBurnie would be a handful for any defence in this league.