Tomorrow's Game

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by arabian_ian, Jun 9, 2017.

1. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hmm I wonder where you got your information to come by your opinion mate. Throughout the Election Nicola consistantly said this was a West Minster election and not one about Independence. It was Dugdale, Davidson and Rennie who made it their policies to go on about the fears of another Scottish Inde Election. Maybe the only info you managed to get on your BBC England news was of carefully edited video showing Nicola mentioning Independence.
    I wonder if you saw the clip of Dugdale saying if you want to avoid Scottish Independence you should vote Tory. FFS you just could not make that up.
    Yes we lost seats and I admit that has to be seen as a big set back but the SNP are still the 3rd biggest political party in Westminster and we have the 2nd biggest amount of MPs there representing us.
    I don't think now is the time to be thinking of Scottish Independence. Too much political upheaval ATM.
    Lets wait and see what happens when we have the next GE which will not be far away.
    Had the Tories got their expected landslide victory then I absolutely sure the knives would have been out for Independence.

2. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nicola only tried to make out that it wasn't about independance because she could see that it would have been electoral suicide to do so because people don't want it. The other parties did what they had to so as to ensure that people remembered that the SNP don't do anything without independance being the slant they put on it.

Rest assured, no matter what Nicola said before the vote, if the vote had held up in her favour she would have been on every news channel suggesting that it shows she has a mandate for independance.

3. arabian_ian

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I absolutely agree with you pal.

4. jak

jakethedog Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me Ian, the reason the Tories have done well up in Scotland is a combination of the fact that Sturgeon wants to split from England but stay within Europe, you, Scotland,voted as part of the UK on brexit, the result is what it is, but she can't accept that, crowing about how the majority of Scotland voted to remain, coming across to me like a spoilt kid stamping her feet, Scottish independence should have been put on the back burner for a year or so. Also I am guessing that just like us down here you were bombarded with anti Labour/ Corbyn stuff from the Tories and the Tory press which was also passed around on social media convincing traditional Labour voters they must not vote for Labour to stop Jeremy Corbyn which was swallowed by people I know, and I write this in disbelief that the same people are openly admitting they voted Tory.
    Not a fan of Sturgeon, but believe she has the best interests of the Scots at the heart of what she does, also like the guy Angus, surname escapes me, lost his seat, she needs to keep him well involved, seems to have a good head on him.

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What happened there Ian. Pretty disappointing. Led to this weird coalition of chaos.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

6. arabian_ian

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I totally agree with everything you say mate. Angus Robertson is the name you are searching for. I have heard that he might still keep his deputy leader position and Tommy Sheppard given the job in leading the party at Westminster.

jakethedog likes this.
  7. arabian_ian

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stop trying to embarrass me.;)

8. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Today's game Scotland v England at Hampden Park kick off 5pm.
    Just spotted as well as Sky Sports 1 it's also on ITV.
    Fronted by Mark Pougatch coverage starts at 4.30pm.

I was on a hospitality deal at Wembley when we played Cardiff City in the
    Cup Semi in 2002. Pougatch and Andy Legg hosted a live broadcast before the game and
    at the final whistle Jamie Redknapp, Andy Gray and Richard Keys came into our suite
    for a sarnie and a bottle of Bud. He's a nice feller Mr Pougatch spent time chatting to fans after
    he'd finished broadcasting.

Good day out but shame about the result.

9. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    England win 3 1. Scotland get an equaliser then run out of steam