Took me a while to think of what to put on here

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by royston tyke, May 6, 2018.

1. roy

royston tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve come back from derby trying to think of something positive to take away and maybe the word “positive” is the wrong word to you and maybe we should reflect on what’s just happened.

Just when I had us down before we kicked off against Brentford, in true Barnsley style we were given a glimmer of hope with winning 2-0 and some results going our way. We’d have snapped anyone’s hand off if they said we would go into the final game out of the bottom 3 with everything in our own hands.

Onto today, the thing that I can not accept is the lack of fight and desire. Maybe it makes it more acceptable instead of putting up a fight only to go out and down with a derby last minute winner. Who knows, the sacking straight after the game gives me nothing whatsoever as the manager Must have been shitting himself knowing his fate was on one game. Did the players know this? Whatever the answer what a stupid thing to do. The thing not acceptable today was the lack of fight. We went down with a whimper.

Do I blame Jose Morais? No, not entirely by a long shot. This all started around 18m ago with selling our prised assets going into this season doing a full squad restructure. Something a team with our resources is beyond hard to do. You can get away with it in L1. The championship is unforgiving and a team expected to struggle before a ball is kicked certainly doesn’t have the time to “gel” a entire new squad. Doomed from the start maybe? The problems we had were a club problem. It’s been a farce from day one of this season with not sorting contracts out, to the news of the takeover, to the sad news about Patrick, to hecky leaving literally days after a January transfer window to appointing an unknown expecting him to keep us up. So many bad decisions a club level was never going to help. Jose Morais, it wasn’t entirely your fault. Is was a number of individuals faults including the players.

Next season. Looking on the bright side we have a fantastic L1 team. With Bradshaw and Moore scoring for fun at his level, moncur getting in team of year at Colchester, we know isgrove if for can rip this league up and even Jason McCarthy has proved to be a player of the year at this level. We have 3x very good centre backs but will need to address a few positions too and they need to be right. I’d go as far as saying that this is the best side we’ve been relegated to L1 with compared to the previous. The appointment has got to be right with definite experience of the championship and a League one of possible. Gives us the best possible chance of an immediate return. Wigan and Blackburn kept their squads together after relegation. We must too and why not can’t we go back up at the first attempt?

I was gutted today after walking out but as soon as I got home my 2x daughters were there happy to see me with smiles on their faces to remind me that this is just football. We care about our club but there are more important things in life. Far more important things. We will bounce back I’m sure. We’ve yet to see what the owners will bring but we are now more financially stable than what we’ve ever been and I just can’t see them not giving the best possible attempt to get straight back up. They’ve made some bad decisions and believe me, they will make more but it’s early days and we’ve got o give them the time and chance to get it right which I’m sure they will. If getting relegated this season means us getting to the prem in say 5 years, I’d take it. Believe lads. It’s just the beginning. **** day but that’s what being a Barnsley fan is all about. To feel the highs we must experience the lows.

scarf, Kettlewell, Mido and 11 others like this.
  2. pin

pingiskola Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Bradshaw won't be here next season...