TOP 2 STILL HAS TO BE THE TARGET!!!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Marc1974, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think you're spot on with that assessment. The thing that surprised me on Saturday was how easily we were picked apart by one pass. They had good pace up front and without cover, they got at our centre halves quite easily.

They certainly had and executed a game plan and that might give us food for thought in how we play. So far we've bullied teams. Saturday, we were on the receiving end of it, and neither fans, nor players liked it. We still had a decent amount of the ball, but never created anything that troubled them too much.

I think Jay put it well, that many teams, even if they have a plan against us, may not have the requirements to execute it well. I think we're top 6 material, but if we're to make the top 2, we'll need to put long runs of results together, and that will require consistency.

I fancy us to have a strong reaction in our next performance and beat Shrewsbury quite heavily. Fingers crossed.

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

A lots being made about us not doing certain things well in certain games, but I don't see that as a problem.

Regardless of who you are, you're not going to have it your own way all the time. Other teams will have spells and even games when they're on top . They're all mega fit, well drilled footballers with professional pride, and the margins are very thin at times.

Our best start in 40 years is the best reflection of how things are going at the moment.

JLWBigLil likes this.
  3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I think at almost 2 points per game were pretty consistent. Yeah we're not doing it the ideal way of a win at home and a draw away, but we're right up there with a game in hand.

2 points a game is the magic number. If we keep that up, we'll be top 2.