Touchline ban for Hecky

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Spuggy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Genuinely cannot believe some of the comments on this thread. He did **** all wrong!

2. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exile and JamDrop like this.
  3. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hows it funny? We are ALL told at every stadium about our choice of language and yet he thinks it doesn't apply to him. It's again a record of him getting involved in things he can't control. Let the Ref deal with it. It was an awful game for Barnsley and weren't getting anything from the game. Plus on wasting time, we are the masters of it away from home. He never comments on that. Just look at the subs down at the Den. 1 or 2 minutes wasted plus. Some Free kicks the ball goes to 5 players when we are in front.

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for that. I really like how determined he is for the truth to be known, even over such a minor thing when it wouldn't make a difference to anyone else.

Metatarsal likes this.
  5. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wonder how many times we have been on the other end of stuff that Hecky got pulled up on and nothing’s ever been done. Shows the absolute bias in football to bigger teams.

Metatarsal likes this.
  6. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Interesting view but mine would be pretty diametrically opposite. Hecky stood quite some distance from the officials when making what were obvious points that all of us in the stands could see and felt about the biased officiating in the first half that culminated in the 'penalty'.

The ref was much more balanced in the second half and that combined with Hecky's brilliant half-time team talk enabled us to pretty much control the game from thereon in. Controlled his team, took back some control over the wretched officiating and controlled the result - Bravo Hecky!

7. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Agree, if they were really thinking about 'the game' and, us, the fans, then the lovely person of a goalkeeping coach from Wolves would have been the one on a charge!

8. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You'll notice my earlier post stating that I think Hecky needs to try and keep a lid on things, others have said the same, as effectively only one winner in these events.

What is funny to me is not the incident itself, but seeing the repeated determination of our head coach to make sure the authorities understand the circumstances, get the truth, all put down in writing. Like a script from Yes Minister. I half expected a line in there from the official to say that Hecky, with his team 3-0 down, also didn't have a ****¡Ng clue what he's doing either. If you think Hecky consciously thinks rules and expectations on conduct don't apply to him then how do you explain the respect, stated in writing, that he clearly has for, and from, officials? Remember, it was Hecky who asked to attend the hearing, he wasn't asked to go by the FA.

I can't comment on what happened or what he said or did at Millwall, I wasn't there but your interpretation of events isn't the only one when reading this thread. As it should be on a forum of opinions.

The Wolves game was poor, the referee had a mare. Sending off was correct, but he had a penalty overturned by his linesman, missed Davies pick the ball up 30 yards from goal, allowed a Wolves wall to stand 6 yards from our free kick etc. And I'd challenge your view that the game was over. As poorly as we played, we very nearly got something from the game in the last 20 minutes, with 10 men, as I remember.

Making substitutions is within the laws of the game isn't it? Can't recall any manager or coach losing their head because of a team making late changes. I see a difference between a member of your opponents coaching staff deliberately holding/hiding the ball, off the pitch, when play is active, than when play has stopped for a substitution or a free kick, not that I like deliberate timewasting by anyone.

Some of sport is about competing, emotion, passion, justice/injustice, Dunkirk spirit. Played by humans with human traits. Our head coach is one of us, definitely not faultless and shouldn't be beyond criticism, with abilities and strengths you won't give him credit for but seemingly happy to hammer him, disproportionately in my view, for his weaknesses, errors and lapses in his conduct.

Enjoy today's game.