U23s this afternoon

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RedAllOver, Aug 18, 2017.

1. NCO

NCO New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry, wasn't so much negative. I now realised I put "the opposite" :confused:...I've just heard that he needs to 'bring it' more in games. I guess that could be down to his significant lay off though and trusting his body again in games?! He obviously has talent. I'll happily give him plenty of time but he needs to push on now and take his opportunity. The CM positions, as settled as we assumed it would be with Moncur/Mowatt et al, is pretty much up for grabs for anyone. Mallan is the same. Young Jared Bird took his chance well the other night.

2. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hecky is a very astute man manager & I suspect he is pushing Mallan as a motivational tool. He has plenty of attacking midfielders, so can easily leave him out for now. If form / injury dictate, then hit the ground running. I think Pearson has been dropped in earlier than Hecky would have liked, maybe McCarthy too.

Kettlewell and Exile like this.
  3. Win

Winchester Tyke Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The trialist at number 5 was Sam Fielding. He played in midfield for York City. I thought he was excellent. I thought Dylan Motley-Henry and Victor Adeboyejo were good. But the stand out player for me was Josh Kay, who also scored a cracking goal.
    I think McGeehan and Mallan are way off the first team at the moment

4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/15...ms__but_release_Tyler_Walton_and_Alex_Bruton/

Yep, that was him. Thought he looked quite classy. Like the article says needs to put some muscle on. Thought he looked confident on the ball and pass it out from the back. Hope we give him a chance and see if he can develop and bulk up.

5. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting how we look at players released by clubs at lower levels for the U23s. Wonder what we see in them that others don't. Like Adeboyejo was released by Leyton Orient, Mottley-Henry released by Bradford. Clearly they've got something, and it's great we find what they've got. Even Bird, who did well for the 1st team, was released from Derby's academy 12 months ago; but we've managed to develop him into someone seemingly good enough for the Championship. Shows what happens if you give youth a chance