Unconvincing José

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Nottinghamtyke, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Completely agree, I've refused to comment this week on any thread and to be honest stopped reading most due to nonsense posted. Every player put plenty of effort in it was a reasonable performance, we got a point we have a squad that is 4th bottom because that's our level currently and we just have to keep going as a team and supporters but the moaners, negative and poor atmosphere for most parts at oakwell just doesn't help drive the team on.

I thought Thiam and Moore put a shift in just needed a bit more quality, yiadom was excellent, Fryers struggled but has played well previously all the rest decent not outstanding but decent. We can still stay up which would be a fantastic achievement and we can have high hopes again for next season.

Kettlewell and ScubaTyke like this.
  2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The difference between the effort of those employed by Barnsley - Moore and Potts, and those not Williams and Gardner left no doubt in my mind that they are not equipped for the dog fight, what do they care? Back to the parent club - one in the Prem, one likely to get there or be in the Championship. Mcburnie on the other hand, looks like a winner like someone with fire in his belly, with that desire to win - I'll put 50 quid on which one of those 3 will be playing championship or higher first team football in 2 years if anyone wants to take me up on the offer.

3. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Totally agree

All the ******** about his relationship with Mourinho, it didn’t even register for me

I can see he’s got a hard task with the lack of quality he has to work with

MappRed likes this.
  4. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jesus ******* wept

So you’d rather have another punt from non league?

Do you honestly think we have a good side?!

MappRed likes this.
  5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you trying to suggest Joe Williams isn’t trying?

Really?

I can understand criticism of other parts of his game but that’s not one thing I could’ve ever imagine anyone would accuse him of

Extremely Northern likes this.
  6. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jose’s tactical shift has given us a better chance of survival than we had under the previous regime.

Of course there are teething issues and the inevitable criticisms but playing his way we have given ourselves a fighting chance and it’s in our hands.

As for him being Jose’s bag man, that’s absurd. He was retained by Chelsea, Inter and Real to perform a specific role which he excelled at if the respective club’s achievements are anything to go by.

7. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He certainly tried to hit the corner flag with his sh*t shooting, Ill give you that.

8. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we have scored in each of his games so far haven't we? not bad for a negative manager

9. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're right, he should go back to rubbishing the players in public like Hecky did. That will perk them up.

Redstar, ScubaTyke and Farnham_Red like this.
  10. Red

Redsnut Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How will we have high hopes for next season?

11. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Said the same myself. That approach hasn’t worked, Morais is trying to build them up

12. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    ...whilst one or two on here constantly knock 'em back down again. Honestly don't know why people are constantly running players down on here for lack of effort/lack of ability or both. IF players read this BB which I am sure some do , the constant sniping , especially about "lack of effort" when most have put in a shift is surely going to have a negative affect on their confidence. In fact, only professionalism is likely to prevent them from thinking 'f*ck it' why should I bust a gut if all I get is slagged off.
    Negativity seems endemic nowadays on here whether it be football, Brexit, state of the economy, etc. etc. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but let's try, at least, to be a bit more open minded about things and try to see some positives.
    Oh! and I don't think most people WERE blinded by the connection to Jose Mourhino as someone on here posted.

Duntpasstome, ScubaTyke and New Tyke like this.
  13. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Players should not read the BBS. Same as they would not go in a pub post match as they woudl hear worse...

14. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’d probably find a lot of the people who slate players on here and on Twitter from behind a keyboard would also be the ones queuing up for a photo with the same player if he did walk into the pub. Often people are completely different in person or when the subject is in the same room.

John Peachy and ScubaTyke like this.
  15. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You need to consider getting a grip. Or spending your hard earned on going to a game. Your opinion might change then.

None so vociferous as those who don't attend.

16. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You have a choice. I always fail to see the connection between going to a match and then spending days on the internet slagging off individual players. It is the entertainment industry. Don't like what is on offer don't go.
    Also, a 2400mile round trip is a little more than "spending my hard earned" as you call it! I do always make an effort to get to a match when I can but unfortunately, can only attend when in UK which is only about once a year. The last twice I was surrounded in ESU by 'fans' who seemed, only to want to moan and complain about our own players.

17. Ata

Atac Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    JM is doing what he thinks is right, the players are having a go. If it turns out they're not good enough or JM can't magic up survival tactics then we go down. It's not the end of the world. It's football and Barnsley will go again.

18. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The OP is totally deluded. We are creating more chances. The football is still wa^k I agree, but we are in a relegation battle & he is new to the club.
    Some odd decisions on Tuesday at times re substitutions, but if we had put our chances away in the 20 mins we were genuinely on top, everybody would have been rejoicing. I'm not rejoicing, 'cause I'm a miserable lovely person at the best of times, but can see the squad & Morais have given their all in recent games & that is all I can ask for. It's still **** though...

19. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    These "fans" you are criticising are probably season ticket holders putting in £300 plus each. Their money goes towards keeping the club a going concern for you to support from afar.

I'm not really sure how you stop going when the club is in your blood and you've already paid for the season in full four months before it kicks off.

20. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Negative supporters should watch Jose's passion in his interview on ifollow, he genuinely is giving it is all as are the majority of players, can't say the same for some of our fans as the chant goes only "sing when your winning" that is exactly what they do its embarrassing being a barnsley fan sometimes 10000 fans sat quiet not supporting the team only piping up in short bursts, I also believe that if oakwell got behind the team then this would help push us on to get results like our away supporters do, a quiet negative crowd has a detrimental effect on a team. That is just a fact or should we just wait until the team are playing really well before we start encouraging the young lads in our colours.

DodworthRover likes this.