View from the oppositon

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by David_Upper_East, Nov 21, 2017.

1. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Before games I generally head over to the opposition's web site to see what they are writing about Barnsley in their match preview - yes I know I should get a life, but...

This is from Cardiff City's site on Barnsley ( an extract)

"Striker Tom Bradshaw is the standout forward in the Barnsley ranks, with 57 appearances and 13 goals to his name since his move from Walsall last summer. The 25 year-old also impressed during his second Wales appearance against Panama last week.

Bradshaw’s strike partner Mamadou Thiam is another who has had a decent start to life in English football. The 22-year-old is known for his strength and pace, and has netted one goal in four games for Heckingbottom’s side."

Not a clue. No mention of Harvey Barnes, any potential injuries, the dangers of Hammill etc... Whoever wrote about this shows they haven't got a clue or done any real research. Mamadou has not really fulfilled his potential at the moment, and we hope he will...

This is lazy journalism and I hope that the Cardiff Coaching staff will have a similar level of knowledge about our team, but I think they might have done a bit more homework and sent someone to watch us....but it's a long way from Cardiff boyo!

This is a team I would dearly love us to beat,

2. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am pleased to say that the preview on Cardiff on Barnsley's website is much more thorough and professional - and includes an analysis of the formations and tactics of Warnock's team.

3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Strike partner? What the **** is one of those?