Virgin Media

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by kektyke, Feb 28, 2017.

1. kektyke

kektyke Well-Known Member

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone see the article in the chronicle on Friday regarding slow speeds in the Barnsley area.

I've been complaining since October as from 6pm to the early hours only get 5mbs and even less some nights making it completely useless. I received a £10 credit in October and a £50 credit at end of January which paid this months bill.

Anyway since the article went out on Friday speeds have improved significantly and are almost back to normal.

Anyone else with Virgin and noticed this?

2. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I lose my connection a lot but not noticed too many problems with the speed. I don't really stream or download though.

3. Goo

Googs Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for alerting me to this. I pay for 200mb but for a few months now I've been getting roughly 10mb at peak times. Silly me only complained recently and received a couple of credits on my account, but they said it's due to oversubscription in the area. They anticipate that it will be sorted by mid April, which isn't good at all, but will credit me £8 per month (from when I complained) on top of the one off credits. I haven't done a speed test for a couple of days though so I shall try when I get home.

I'll have a look to see if I can see the article online.

4. kektyke

kektyke Well-Known Member

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been credited £10 a month since November hence the £50 credit. I was told it was heavy usage on the line, but like I said since Saturday night things seem to be improving touch wood

5. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://www.cedr.com/cisas/

I'm fairly sure VM are CISAS.

Basically, if your complaint isn't dealt with satisfactorily, or you go for x days without a reply, you can take it to these guys.

Remember speed tests should be done on a wired connection.

6. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've got a live complaint going with them at the moment. Abysmal speeds and even worse customer service. Next stop CISAS, then OFCOM. I've got a letter from them saying there isn't an issue with the service, it's just down to over-utilisation! They're well aware of the capacity issues, yet they continue to pile customers on. Flipside is i've currently got them down to £20/month all in, for the Full House TV package inc VIVID100

7. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The problem with utilisation has been going him in the Barnsley area since December 2015. I was with VM for 16 years, but finally left last November. This was after repeated, it'll be fixed in March, July, October and then December. It was never fixed and I never paid for it. Always re-credited £20 a month.
    Was suppose to get 100mb, but between 7pm and 11pm it would drop to 1-3 mb.
    Since switched to BT Infinity on 50mb and that's exactly what I get 24/7. It isn't 100mb, by tbh I didn't need 100mb. I don't download stuff like I used to, everything is streamed.
    I very much doubt it's been fixed, as it requires a major upgrade of the infrastructure in the Barnsley area. VM would rather re-credit the complainers who notice than invest in the issue.