way to go Mr Corbyn

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dragon Tyke, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Jack Tatty

Jack Tatty Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Apparently she is returning to the Uk. Using the same airline that brought Emiliano Sala over.

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I know we havnt agreed on things in the past but I have to post to tell you that you are totally correct .
    I’ve had people accuse me of making excuses for her, being a bleeding heart etc etc .
    But I have stuck up for the rule of law and the values that we enforce our laws .
    This will bite Djavid in his attempt to take the moral high ground.

DavidCurriesMullet and Donny Red like this.
  3. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

By Van Clomp

(my only meaningful contribution to this thread)

4. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Popular opinion, is that he's taken the decision he has, to satisfy the views of
    the majority who think she should not be allowed to return because of her support
    of a terrorist organisation, because he's got his eyes on the keys to No 10
    Downing Street when May finally leaves office. He probably realises that what
    he's done is illegal and if a legal challenge is mounted by her immediate family and
    he is forced to allow her to come back to the UK, without losing face, he can
    just shrug his shoulders and say, that her return was totally against his wishes.

Marlon and DavidCurriesMullet like this.
  5. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why is it racist to be opposed to a terrorist organisation fuelled by an ideology that was outdated long before the renaissance came along?

6. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    R.I.P.

LABOUR

1900 - 2019

7. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is the only real point in all this guff. From the bit I know i’ve read, i’ve not a lot of sympathy for her. But when it’s the State that ignores the Rule of Law, we’re on a long shitty road to nowhere.

KamikazeCo-Pilot and Marlon like this.
  8. Jor

Jordym93 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Syria don’t want her we don’t want her. Nobody does. I would accept if she gets a real long jail sentence here. Also I wouldn’t accept helping her coming out my tax. F to that. People in the ira did long jail sentence for fighting against people who invaded there island. Yes they were all as bad. The army are just as bad but the stuff what isis did is up there with one of the worst things in the world. She also stated it was the YouTube videos what made her join! Sickening

9. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Once a Government starts flouting international law for its own political purposes we are on very dangerous ground. The fact that this girl joined ISIS, terrible though it is, is not the real issue here. It is about OUR Government upholding proper principles and following correct lawful procedure. Nobody to my mind is suggesting this girl/woman is a 'good' person in any way but the knee-jerk reaction to her is dangerous. She should keep her citizenship, come home, be tried and given an appropriate sentence. The child she has had has done nothing wrong at all apart from being born. It should be properly looked after.
    Some people on here should think carefully before they wish for their Government to start breaking laws.

JamDrop, Marlon, Dalestykes and 2 others like this.
  10. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Sorry if I have interpreted your post wrong but what do you mean the army was as bad? Many of the IRA were released after only a few years under the GFA. When you say invaded I take you mean a few hundred years ago ?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  11. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This of course.

12. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Laws are made to protect us all. To defend the rights of the weakest and most vulnerable in our society.
    There are always going to be instances when those laws are used by those who we all feel are not deserving of that protection. It sticks in the throat but if we start picking and choosing who is allowed access to those protections and we're on a slippery slope to the exact chaos, prejudice and persecution that ISIS represent.

Old Goat, JamDrop and barnsley66 like this.
  13. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All this palaver abart an I.S.I.S bride, ill tell you all, ere and now, shell be back, and the reason being, PUSHOVER BRITAIN, if we've let more than 300 HARD LINE JIHADI FIGHTERS back then somehow i cant see her being singled out. WELCOME HOME, by the way eres a council house, benefits, your kids start school monday and you get free health care, oh and by the way you jump right to the fookin front of the queue. SHE WILL BE BACK.

14. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Her family must have a bob or two to pay for all these lawyers.

15. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  16. Trickster Two Six

Trickster Two Six Well-Known Member

The Detonator
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A Tory has done the right thing by the people of this country. There’s a lot of speculation here about whether it’s lawful or not and a lot of folk who arent barristers posting what will and wont happen. The fact is that our predisposition for fair play and giving everyone a chance has opened is up to terror, crime and evil. I for one support the decision, I don’t support the view that it’s politically motivated, it’s just straightforward common sense.

portsmouth tyke likes this.
  17. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The actual law on the statute books states that the home secretary can remove citizenship when he has "reasonable grounds for believing that the person is able, under the law of a country or territory outside the United Kingdom, to become a national of such a country or territory".

Combined with the Bangladeshi citizenship law "a person born after the commencement of this Act, shall be a citizen of Bangladesh by descent if his father or mother is a citizen of Bangladesh at the time of his birth:", then I would believe that Javid has acted legally. He did have reasonable grounds to believe she would be eligible for Bangladeshi nationality.

If the rule of law must prevail, the the above laws would support stripping her of her citizenship.

portsmouth tyke likes this.
  18. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why can't she stand trial in Syria? If we committed an offence any where in the world we would have to ( and rightly so) face the wrath of that countries judicial system, if anybody got caught smuggling drugs in say Mexico the government wouldn't be asking for us to be sent back home to find out why we did what we did, personally I would like to see her strung up from the tallest building

19. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What happens when, next year the same Tory decides anyone who's travelled to Syria should get the same treatment? Then the year after anyone who's been to the middle east? Then anyone who has been to an anti israeli rally? Or a ban the bomb rally? Or is a member of a left wing group? Or a Labour party member. Or voter? Or you?
    Where would you like to draw the line on law being suspended for personal preference?

20. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok, the very reason were all posting on this one is because were free to do so and free to have an opinion, I don't agree with some comments here but Christ am I glad to live somewhere where were free to express em...sadly I think she will be back because we can't prove she has citizenship elsewhere, also the child is half Dutch, why is it automatically assumed it's British when it is in fact half British and born abroad.
    This girl hits at the very foundation of our upbringing and attitude to fair play, she was in our gang but now she's in another gang so decision made ya make ya choice and ya pay the price. unfortunately the world community that we chose to be a member of agreed laws on citizenship and we signed up and I for one would like to keep that protection for all of us in case one day we might need it.
    On Mr Corbyn I've bin a labour man and union lad since day one of leaving school and been able to vote, what scares me is we won't get in with Corbyn in charge so the only alternative is May or someone like her and her cronies for another 5 years and once the protection of EU laws for workers goes god help us the tories will have us back 50 years in workers rights sooner than ya can say striking's now illegal.
    Just a thought aside of this thread, Politics in this country is screwed and I think if 50% of people at the next election who could vote don't we should imposed a coalition government with no party having control....then they would have to sort themselves out.

churtonred likes this.