We look set to lose our premier league defender don't we?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redrum, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Discounting Davies, Isgrove, Hammill, Mawson and White who had played at a higher level
    and Fletcher and Brownhill who were on loan, of the remainder two were from non league re- Williams ( Worcester City) and Roberts ( Halifax).

Two others were playing in League Two when we brought them in re- Hourihane ( Plymouth) and
    Winnowt ( Scu*thorpe) and Watkins ( Inverness- Scottish Premiership) and we turned one into a Premiership player
    and an Under 23 international and four others are now Championship players.

To my mind there's nothing to stop this latest intake following in their footsteps and that might be one of the key reasons they've chosen to join us.! Time alone will provide those answers.

Watcher_Of_The_Skies likes this.
  2. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes

3. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps this is the only way we can compete in the Championship I too have no idea what will happen this season but remember the Leeds game when numerous managers were looking at a number of our players. The record in developing players is good but for long term success stability is needed.

Donny Red likes this.
  4. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Any you wish to share?

5. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Who knows? Bradshaw might step up; Ugbo might prove extremely successful; perhaps one of the central midfielders will score a good deal. It might be someone not at the club yet!

6. Nottinghamtyke

Nottinghamtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [Qcan't ="Chef Tyke, post: 1992258, member: 6617"]Is it only me that thinks 3m isn't great for him

He has the pace and power to make it in the premier league and in today's market 3m isn't a great deal[/QUOTE]
    I can help but agree unless we have replacements lined up. Yiadom can play on the right and left side defence and also can provide pace and trickery going forward. He will be a big loss to the team. Where will be the cover be at full back both right and left hand side if we pick up a couple of injuries. So from wanting four players through the door its now more like six.Just hope the club can get the deals completed. Already a long way behind a lot of clubs in the Championship in pulling the squad together.I dont think many teams will have lost so many influential players in such a short period of time. Whoever we bring in we have to allow time for them to gell into a team.5 million wouldn't be a great deal if we dont have players lined up to replace him.

7. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps only 2 were out and out successes; but it's hardly like the rest were complete unprecedented disasters. Morsy was good, Armstrong, Kent and Bradshaw split opinion and were average overall but still played plenty of games

8. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    3 million for a player of yiadons ability is poor if he's on a 3 year contract, 3 million for a player with less than 12 months left is probably about the best we can hope for and looking at it from the players point of view, he'll probably be thinking (and rightly so) that we've had a good return on him but I want to test myself at the highest level and who can blame him, it's all about opinions like.

Jack Tatty and JLWBigLil like this.