Wednesday at home

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fired, Mar 28, 2017.

1. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are we getting behind them or bleating about January? Are we.giving Patrick a bit of a.lift or are we still.moaning about the size of the scoreboard.? Cos this time last year I'd have been chuffed to bits that we could be playing this next fixture.
    Now it's here I sure as he'll don't want to lose it ... so please don't say the season is over. Stopping Wednesday is probably the best result we could.hope for this season. so stop your playground bairning and show your appreciation for a great season and our great custodian. COYR.

BBBFC, jedi one and Red CB like this.
  2. Get

Getrammellon Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    11th, and still mathematically possible to go up, in arguably the toughest ever Championship, the atmosphere at Oakwell these last couple of months is like that of a spoilt child that's had its toys took off him.

jedi one, Archey, Red CB and 2 others like this.
  3. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Said it before, but I always feel the atmosphere is compromised against bigger clubs because we built an away end that's 33% bigger then the home end.

Spirit Ditch likes this.
  4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope we win and as ever will support the team. I don't have any particular dislike of Wednesday and generally speaking (other than dirty Leeds) want Yorkshire teams to do well.

It's been a good season so far and even if we slip to 17th or 18th will still be in ok. At the same time you have to look at whether we have strengthened or weakened as a team over the course of a season. Have we made progress? Have we gone backwards or forwards. They are legitimate questions.

We need not to settle back into a pattern of having no expectations other than survival. It killed the atmosphere,disillusioned supporters and contributed to our relegation last time at this level which by the time we got relegated fella more like a blessing than a punishment. Success (in the medium term) can't be avoiding relegation otherwise we are screwed

Afies Dad likes this.
  5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I blame Ashley Ward.

BBBFC, Jimmy viz and Mateo Corbo like this.
  6. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I desperately want us to win - mainly because beating any local rival is great, but with an added bonus we might well piss on their promotion hopes. Being selfish here, but I'd love it if Wendy, Hudds & L**ds all stayed down, and the Blunts & Bradford come up - that's a minimum of 10 local derbies a season before you even factor in Derby, Forest, Blackburn, Sunderland and (probably) Boro. Let's keep it local, lads....

7. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why can't you do both?

Can't see the issue in questioning things on here & twitter but getting behind the club at the game

8. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh no, proper fans like Fired don't do that.

9. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sure everyone will be focussed on getting and willing a win and supporting the team.

Furthermore, I'm sure many will be wishing for that to not only put one over on our local rivals who nicked Sam Winnall and to try and damage their play off ambitions but more importantly to give Patrick a lift after the awful news he has just had.

None of that precludes anyone from discussing or debating what could be better and what could be done differently.

You cannot however judge our season on what we do against Wednesday. If we beat them but lose the rest it'll hardly be great will it.

10. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    looking forward to it ....Dee Dar Dee Dar
    police are doing their best to rectify that

11. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm judging the season on it simply being a good season, which it has been.
    I have no problem with folks questioning things at the club. I've done plenty of it myself in my time.
    It's just the continued droning on and on about January by some folks. I'd rather enjoy the rest of the season, this season, the good season, that listen to folks whining about what is done.
    A bit of positivity not go amiss because one thing we can all guarantee is that there is a tough close season ahead. I'd just like to enjoy this ride to the end. Apologies if that offends you.

There are people on here who have replied to numerous threads over the past few week, and are continually banging on about January. I bet that when they go on holiday they say.
    "Well, Barbados is ok, but it's only a matter of 13 days til we're back at our office desks."

12. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think a genuine comparison would be paying for your 2 week, 5 star all inclusive months in advance, getting there having a great time for the first 7 days & then been moved to a 1 star for the second half of the holiday & people saying you can't complain as the first 7 days were so good.

SirPsychoSexy and Redstar like this.
  13. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Bradders hat-trick. Happy days.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

14. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Totally agree with them three staying down. Love the Leeds home games and the Wednesday games whilst at the same time, I don't particularly like Huddersfield. Hoping Fulham go up as Reading are a nothing club.

I do hope Sheff United, Scunny and Fleetwood all come up purely because of away games (Scunny down the road for me).

Sunderland, Boro and Hull hopefully to come down for me!

15. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Or, some are enjoying a really good holiday and despite the weather spoiling a couple of days they've enjoyed it. In fact, it's been much better than they anticipated. And, they're looking forward to coming back.

And summat about beach towels.

Django likes this.
  16. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's it then. We should have gone all-inclusive!

17. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Looking forward to it now. I have had a few 'meh' weeks with football in general, but aye, missed Oakwell recently so am hoping for a good match and home win. It's been a while.

18. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dunno about you, but I'd rather be in a 1-star hotel in Barbados for the second week of a holiday, even when I'd paid for a 5, then at my desk job every single time. Especially if I'd got to spent the first week in a 5-star place as well. Might be worse in comparison but at least I'm in holiday!

19. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For 90 minutes we'll be roaring the team on.

Then we can get back to the serious business of being moaning cnuts.

20. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I will be there and supporting the players on the field. Looking forward to it, it's a local derby, and with the Winnall situation it should be a tasty affair.
    Unfortunately though it will probably be the last game of the season I will be attending. The season is as good as over, and since it transpired after February that we weren't going to be challenging for the playoffs thanks to the woeful January transfer window, I have found it difficult to get motivated enough to actually care about the results.
    A massive pre season looms, but I will enjoy Saturday first then worry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk