Well done the board, brilliant brilliant decision

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Least said soonest mended, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Lea

Least said soonest mended Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Best decision the current board set up as made

2. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will you still think that if we lose on Saturday?

3. Lea

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, because in my opinion, Collins was the wrong appointment in the first place. His brand of football was so tedious, and his coaching skills, especially defensively were atrocious Yes I know the current board, minus Khaled, appointed him but at least they realised their mistake, albeit a bit late in the day and got rid

mktyke, Goldthorpe-Red, ringo and 2 others like this.
  4. Jor

Jordym93 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I dont think he's a bad coach. I think he came in at the wrong time. Expectations are promotion from most of us.

I wasn't a fan but I wish him very well and the abuse he got on Saturday was despicable and the board should speak out on the abuse instead lapping up to them.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What abuse did he get on Saturday? I didnt watch or listen to the match.

I think he was just completely the wrong manager for Barnsley FC. We have said time and time again that we sign players who can attack with speed and play attacking football yet we brought in a manager who was known for his negative defensive play that relied on catching the opposition off guard due to lack of concentration. Now that may well have worked in the American league with the players he had available and it may well work in an English league with players that suit that game but it was never going to work at Barnsley with players brought in to play the opposite way.

I found him to be dull and uninspiring in all aspects of his management from his tactics to his interviews but as always I will say he's a human being who has bever intentionally caused me aby harm or distress and has bever intentionally done anything to harm bfc and so I am glad he has left but I wish him well in the future. I always say that I wish a player to have the best career that his ability dictates and the best that his attitude and effort deserves. I've seen nothing to suggest a lack of effort from Collins just a lack of ability (in this particular job) so I wish that he can go on to have the best possible career that he can, whatever level that is.

6. Bid

Biddy37 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Totally agree...the club are trying to save our season and season ticket sales for next year. Collins has no leadership which showed on the pitch. The players don't know what their doing. Obvious choice would be duff as he knows 50% of the players and Devaney...
    My choice would be warnock tho.
    I'd also have Ismael as he took us to the brink of the Premier again

Stephen Dawson and Cowboy like this.
  7. rin

ringo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But they have to make the next one the right one

8. kir

kirky boy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's the board what picked him!

9. Lea

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes but Khaled had a big say. I would imagine the FINAL say. He's not here now.

10. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley

Not exactly brilliant is it though, unless it’s given us a better chance of promotion.

I see the logic of doing it if we had someone lined up to come in…but wouldn’t they have been appointed by now if f so?

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  11. WG Red

WG Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting what it says on SSN banner, “Club to give further updates in coming days”, makes you wonder if someone will come in from outside to me.

12. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't wait till we lose on Satdi' and then plenty will be raging at the board for sacking him with just 1 game left:rolleyes::eek:

On a serious note, I wish him the best. The stick he got from day 1 was unfair, the fact he didn't get praised for some of the right calls when always getting stick for the wrong calls, was unfair. The downright abuse he's suffered recently is disgraceful and completely unfair. But, results are what football are about these days, little time to do anything, whilst the results were good things could be slowly worked on, but since they've soured it was always going to be an uphill battle for him.

I really hope it doesn't put him off football (I'm sure he got plenty as a player but doubt to this extent) and he can find another club and improve as a manager, best of luck & thankyou for your efforts.

J..., Stephen Dawson, jptykes and 2 others like this.