Well Hemmsy as had a meltdown on Twitter

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Bossman, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Given his comments on the team and certain players, I’m not actually sure he went to the games

2. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only so long I can keep reading the ****** bingo from people Andy. I had the same reaction from people when I said we needed to get rid of Wilson.
    In the end not one single person will say that was the wrong thing to do.

He's one of our own. First of all what does that mean. Second all is he really. When was the last time he paid for a ticket at Oakwell.

Second of all he's young. LJ and Howe are both younger than him. He's in his 40's. That's 8 without a win and i'll be honest. I don't see us winning against this year. Maybe not before the Millwall game.

I took some quotes from him tonight just to show what utter nonsense he speaks.
    Thirdly. He's spent little money. HE's spent plenty of money. 5/6 million last transfer window plus 2/3 million the season before.

Then you go onto team selection.........

3. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pay for a ticket - What's that got to do anything? He supporterd us as a kid then became a professional footballer - probably made it hard to watch us on a Saturday

SuperTyke, Abruzzo Red and Andy Mac like this.
  4. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Between leaving the professional game and joining the say u18's and a becoming pro coach how many games he attended. People give Gough and Bird stick and more. I've seen pics of Paul Scholes at Oldham, plenty of times.

BTW i've seen J Parkin at games

5. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    We’ve had to put up with yours for years now. We get you don’t like the manager, we get you don’t know anything pre sky sports, we get you can’t hold a conversation when someone challenges your narrow minded views.

It’s ok though, the club has been around for 130 years, here’s to another 130 long after we are gone

You reds.

LiverpoolRed, BrunNer, Xerxes and 2 others like this.
  6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

If that means he's spoilt your enjoyment of aways that's totally unfair considering his away record during the promotion run in and first half of last season.

9 aways last season was one of the best I can remember.

To say that things have got bad since he came in is just totally untrue, regardless of how badly things are now.

7. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I actually agree with HT with this particular point. I can think of at least three occasions where we’ve dominated a side and either lost the game or drawn from a winning position after PH has inexplicably changed personnel/formation.

8. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The one I couldn't fathom was benching his top two goal scorers for the Cardiff game. If he was saving them for Leeds it worked a treat. That was the start of this runnus horribilis.

gingerwizard likes this.
  9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I'll ignore the silly remarks and ask where you've seen the accounts or how you've come to the conclusion we spent the sums you say we have? I have no idea what we spent, and I work there. And I don't believe we disclosed any fees, did we?

However, let's say we did spend the money you say we did, about £10m over the last 18 months, what about the money we received over the same time-frame? If he gets stick from you for expense, what about money brought in?

Because of what I do you're not going to see me slag off players or indeed the Head Coach. That'd be daft. But I genuinely, hand on heart, would never slag off Paul. Maybe he doesn't get everything right, nobody ever does in any walk of life, but he ticks so many boxes for me (as a fan looking at things).

Can I ask what your issues are with him? It's difficult to have a debate with you if you aren't listing the things you are upset about. By the way, you're not the only one against Hecky. You're in a big, big minority, but there's others I've seen online saying 'Hecky out' etc. But none give any real reasons, except to say that we aren't winning much at present.

Tell me what you believe he's getting/doing wrong.

And above all else, please, please remember that when things are brighter again (won't be long), a proper honest lad would hold up their hands. When we get back on to a decent run, I'm convinced you'd still find a way to knock him. And there is the kicker with you, pal. I always sense an agenda.

But yeah, it's late, I'm having a nice drink in the house now, looking forward to Christmas, but I'd love to see you put some meat on the bones of your Hecky Out argument.

Over to you.

10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He’s come out with some beauties on here but criticising someone who’s been involved in football for about the last 25 years for not buying match tickets is at the very top

Abruzzo Red, DSLRed and MarioKempes like this.
  11. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I've not bought one for 18 months now. I feel guilty. I don't deserve this next lager.

LiverpoolRed likes this.
  12. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Paying for a ticket, you've missed 4 away games.

**** fan

13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Well I don't think a lot what been saids true.

I'm bubbling at the moment because I could see this coming at Bristol. It's very easy to have success off someone else's hard work. It's like me walking into Toto Wolfs role after Monza and how great am I. Toto and James Allison did the hard work and I come in and it's how great am I. Win something but I did put the part together or have any input on bringing the parts to the team.

The some of the parts of that team and the money coming in wasn't because of him. Stones was brought into the first team by Hill but Heckingbottom gets the spends from that deal. Mawson was brought in by LJ who also did a great deal of work with Bree and Holgate along with Wilson who brought in Winnall and Hourihane and along with LJ made them great.

We will see what we get from the great Yiadom.

I read today off here He's young Andy. He's reached the classification of been in the 40's. LJ's 36 and I'm not sure you can call him young anymore but 40's and still having the cop out of been young?

It was glaring what was needed. He choose to leave the UK in the summer. Other managers had us beat then. Davies need competion for 18 month. Still not a new guy there. I could go on and on.

14. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I too agree with HT about team selection. Players can have a great game and be dropped the week after while others can be terrible week after week and still get picked. I don’t understand why bird isn’t getting a game. I’d like to see mallan play and that young striker given ago instead of ugbo who has done nothing and doesn’t look capable.

Fev Red likes this.
  15. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you're still pissed off with him because he had the audacity to have a summer holiday with his wife and kids.

Andy Mac likes this.
  16. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you man enough to comment on your buddy Conte being on a beach in Majorca 3 days after the season ended this summer yet?

17. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst idolising this guy who had a similar summer with his wife and kid
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    MarioKempes likes this.
  18. YTB

YTBFC Guest

You could go on and on, and I would like you to, because none of the above really holds much weight for me I'm afraid.

You're trying to discredit Hecky in a very peculiar manner. I don't believe it warrants response.

As for Yids, he was our best player today. Created the goal.

And the age thing is pure irrelevance. I've not seen anyone using his age to back up an argument.

19. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Name me a manager who didn’t go on holiday in the last close season hemsy.

One.

That fine truth telling journal the daily mail suggested pep wasn’t going to. They were wrong. He went away to Spain for a few days. Not a long trip but still.

The year before he was larging it in the Balearics before he joined city.

Mourinho, Klopp, MoPo, all pictured on holiday. I’m sure a man with such an outlook on life will have googled that and be well aware of it already. Conte already mentioned. Not sure about Dyche, Howe. Others. But I can guess.

But the fact the daily mail found it newsworthy was because they thought not having a holiday would be over and above, and unusual.

Hecky is getting things wrong, no doubt feeling the pressure. He’s nothing like perfection. Nobody says different.

No manager gets everything right, though I’m not sure who you think would be doing better.

You keeping mentioning how much he’s spent, but it’s much, much less than the money received by the club. His net spend is nothing, actually millions in the black. The core and backbone of his team, most of which inherited yes but exponentially improved, were sold. He’s had to rebuild the side on loans and lower league signings.

But you know all this. You know he’s spent in real terms less than nothing. Which is why you give no real reasons for your assertions, and go back to the fact he had a ******* holiday - as though 99.9% of football league managers didn’t - to justify your vitriolic vendetta.

Luke Steele, Bobby Hassell. Others. You always pick the most popular people at the club, be it players or manager, and set about discrediting them despite the cold hard facts showing you up.

The reason for this, whilst I can’t say for sure as I’m loathed to try and get into your warped mind, is apparently solely to get on the wrong side of the vast majority of supporters, start an argument, then cry bully.

Pathetic attention seeking drivel. I wouldn’t indulge you with a response but plenty of other folk do, including an employee of the club, a hard working one on the evidence we’ve seen. A man who went out of his way to offer you a proper insight into the workings of the media operation at the football club. An opportunity offered to nobody else, yet you still ridicule and criticise. To yt’s great credit he perseveres and stays polite with you. I’m not an employee of the club though. So **** that for a game of soldiers.

I can’t think of many managers in this division I’d take over Hecky. Wilder is very good I suppose. The bloke at wolves has done excellently but on a premier league budget. Warnock is a wiley old coot but he’d be a disaster here.

Given what PH has had to work with he deserves he opportunity to work under the slightly looser budgetary constraints, to build the team back up again with a bit more actual ability. He’s plainly an excellent coach. Manager wise, the jury is out. Team selection and tactics are much easier to set when you’ve some good players to pick, and don’t have to rotate between mediocrity trying to find a magic formula to make them better than they are though. He has earned that and more. On a run as poor as we have been on, why else would he be being offered new improved terms? These hardened businessmen aren’t raving idiots, they see an asset and want it tied down. He’s key. He has the skill set.

What are you good at in life Phil? What are your skills? Masturbation, world of Warcraft and fifa don’t count.

20. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    if its hecky who is responsible for bringing in the players..why do all the media outlets keep banging on about the moneyball and stats programs, You know phil ,the one that identifies which players to bring to the club, the very program that james cryne gets credited with not hecky....get it through your head phil ..hecky as little input other than coaching...hence his title head coach.