Well Played Barnsley

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Stahlrost, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Map

Mapplewell Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This thread deserves to be higher up the board. Spot on assessment.

2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As passionate fans ,posters on the board are quite rightly concerned with our recent run of results
    particularly as we've failed to win any of our last fifteen games.
    Given where Fulham are in the league and their ability to win games, we might have been a tad
    optimistic in expecting a win yesterday, although for my part, I hoped we could.
    Because we care deeply about our Club we can become very emotional in any pre or post match
    comments we make. To balance my opinions, I like to see what the so called professional pundits
    have to say. Pre- match David Prutton for example said he could see nothing but a very comfortable
    win for Fulham. He was right about the win, but it could be argued that for 90 minutes against 10 men
    it wasn't easy.! Looking back at the recording of Soccer Saturday, Messrs Merson, Nicholas, Thompson and
    Le Tissier all went for a home win. The latter was given the job of periodically summarising the game as
    it progressed. During his first segment, he actually stated that Barnsley had the upper hand and were clearly
    marginally the better team. He was critical of our goal by saying that the goal keeper could not save Lindsays
    effort because one of our players was in his way. As for Cavare's dismissal, he shared the view of many posters
    on the board, re- complete and utter stupidity AND in hindsight the turning point. He quite rightly said that against our
    ten, it seemed just a matter of time before Fulham equalised, which of course they did.
    In summary the general consensus was that Paul Heckingbottom could feel aggrieved at Cavares actions because
    if he'd stayed on, it could well have been a different story.
    Nowhere in the Sky segment were there any references to " relegation fodder", " certainties to go Down" or "the
    need for a change in management". As a lot of our supporters are saying, there's not a lot wrong.
    Get some additional bodies in before the deadline next week and with what we've already got, hopefully we should just be OK.