We're miles off being a top 6 side

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by mansfield_red, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Nardiello

Nardiello Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tough couple of games against top teams. There’s 4 teams in this league that are a cut above in my opinion - Norwich, Swamsea, Brentford and Bournemouth. I think we’ve got a chance against anyone else.

If we keep up the performances and do better against physical teams, where we’ve been struggling, then who knows? Me might be the team that sneaks into 6th at the end of the season.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We are not a top 6 side. We aren't a bottom 6 side. Now its a case on how well we can improve and move nearer to the top 6 rather than the bottom 6 and see where we go from here. Recruitment and improvement in tactics and individual performance is needed. Interesting when talking about that laurel and hardy moment he mentioned our young players can be forgiven for making mistakes first half of season but not second half. We were saying all last season Anderson needed to improve and i fear that he still hasn't got to where he should be. I personally think the 3 CHs mask individual frailties at the back. For me gives too many daft fouls, gets drawn in tight higher up the pitch than he should and has mistakes still in him. That moment he kept heading and kicking it in whatever direction he was facing and hit Helik in the area was a comedy. One of Anderson or Helik needs to make way im afraid as we cant seem to solve the set piece defending issues. Maybe Kitching will be in sooner than we think if he can shrug this niggle off.

Then we need to ask will Morris help us become more clinical. What i have seen he will be a great addition and maybe give us that foil we need. Hard working, strong, can hold it and turn. Maybe the place will push Chaplin and Frieser down the order. However i still think we need a goalscorer. Hopefully we will see more from Odebeyojo but i still think we need that natural gal scorer. Easier said than done though.

Redhelen likes this.
  3. Fea

Fearless Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've been 2 or 3 players off for 3 years, that’s the cycle.

4. ley

leythtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We were 8 or 9 players off at the start of last season.

The implosion that was the August 2019 transfer window will take some time to recover from to get the squad balance as you’d want, but but we’re not doing badly. Light years ahead of where we were 12 or so months ago.

Redhelen likes this.