What a strange situation we have

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by SuperTyke, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A photo of the player signing a contract at a rival club
    The manager f Barnsley talking on a 3rd party website about the fact that Sam winnall has moved to Sheffield Wednesday.
    The player himself posting on social media about the fact he has joined Sheffield Wednesday.
    Sheffield Wednesday's official website confirming the transfer.

And yet more than 24 hours after the photo showing he had signed were released there is no article on the official website about it

2. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Probably because there were other things happening that were far more important.

3. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Today?

4. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's happened a lot when we've signed players from other clubs. (Ie other club not announcing until we have).

Doesn't it all depend on it being ratified and official confirmation being sent to the new club. Which they get first before us. Anything could happen up to that point.

May be ****** like but I thought that's how it went.

5. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we may have been hoping for an incoming transfer to soften the blow..

6. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Well, I'm guessing that the media team were a bit behind schedule today because of yesterday, plus, they had some media work to do today following yesterday's events. Obviously I don't know all the details, and to be honest I couldn't give a toss about Winnall now, but I do think there's little to complain about on this subject.

Far more important things to deal with now, we've a match tomorrow, and some swooping to pull off next week.

7. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't see why they would get official confirmation before the selling club. logically when selling something it leaves you before it goes to the other person. His registration must leave Barnsley before it joins Sheffield Wednesday.

I think the real reason that the selling club takes longer is because they spend time trying to think of a way of justifying the sale. Not a criticism really just an observation. The buying club doesn't have to justify strengthening their squad but the selling club has to justify weakening it so they put more thought into the announcement. I just think in this case it's a bit odd that one hasn't been prepared ready to do damage limitation as soon as possible