What is your most controversial view?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by twillo, Jul 23, 2016.

1. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Couple of things that stick out as very suspect but I'm convinced all they did was sit in low earth orbit for a few days.

1. There's a video from the space craft thingy where they quite clearly make it appear that the earth is far away from them by blacking out the area around the window - unfortunately for them, someone pops a light on and it's obvious that the camera is about 6ft from the window and the earth is almost completely filling it, despite them being half way to the moon.

2. So that the transmissions were believable there had to be a certain delay before the astronauts could respond - they forgot to cut out one of the times when someone at Houston said "talk" because enough time had gone past to complete the delay illusion.

3. Nasa wouldn't provide a direct feed of the video from the 'moon', they filmed a small television screen instead and passed that out to the world - even by 1969 standards the picture was shockingly bad and clearly an attempt to mask the fact that it was all done in a tv studio.

4. There's a picture of the Lunar rover (from one of the supposed later missions) and the background is distinctive - there's then another photo taken allegedly two miles away and the background is exactly the same, down to the pixel.

5. The van allen radiation belt, divides opinion but allegedly this has the potential to cause serious health issues to the astronauts and it even gets brought up by NASA as one of the challenges they face on a trip to Mars - err, didn't you already solve this 50 years ago?

6. Gus Grissom was an outspoken astronaut who had his doubts about the whole thing, he and two other astronauts were burned alive during testing, convenient. This is always referred to as 'Apollo 1' but in fact it was only designated Apollo 1 some time later, I don't know if that's significant but it seems a bit fishy to me.

2. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hadn't heard about this chap. Very interesting. I suspect you would enjoy the Kubrick film "Room 237" one of the theories is that there are clues within the Shining that Kubrick faked the moon landings, which of course harks back to Karel's "Dark Side of the Moon". Certainly don't believe they were faked but I do love reading/ hearing about these things.

310d3-apollo[1].jpg

3. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You're paying though.

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Speaking about things being faked etc. I think anyone who claims to have seen a ghost or anything else supernatural are talking a load of rubbish. Someone I am really close with at my old work is adament that she is psychic and it never seems to faze her that her predictions are wrong time and time again. I can't decide if she's a bit mental and truly believes she is or whether she knows she isn't and is seeing who will believe or at least humour her.

5. Rosco

Rosco Well-Known Member

Optimist
    Born in Birdwell, living in Sin (well...Cheshire).
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My opening standpoint is "All people are idiots".

I then allow people to prove me otherwise.

Some have.

6. exiled

exiled Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Social media is ****.
    Anyone over the age of 42 should not be doing Facebook. , You grew up wi art it, so stop bairnin abart and get a life. I shudder to think how the youth of today would survive in a post apocolyptic media free world.
    Its the root of all evil.

7. Mis

MiserablePontyEnder Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Key Word... "Choosing...."

8. Bar

Barnsleythruandthru Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd forgot about that,

9. Tykeofthetown

Tykeofthetown Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the term Racist is way overused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Up skirt on a pensioner

11. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have a few ... however with the centenuary of the battlenof the Somme...

homeless, impoverished british service personal who have seen active service should be a higher priorty for social services eg housing than professional benefit warriors, migrants, refugees etc.

12. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes that was a very key word included quite deliberately. I have a problem with people who choose not to work, I have no problem with the many who try to work but are unable to get a job

13. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst we treat them all as heroes, in reality a lot of people in the armed forces are horrible people who signed up due to them either being racist and wanting an excuse to kill foreigners or due to them being murderers and thugs who wanted an excuse to quench their blood lust.

Please note this does not in any way shape or form mean all servicemen, nor even the majority but a large minority.

14. Jak

JakeWarrior Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nyatanga is very harshly looked on by some fans, he was no worse than some of our other defenders in the bad run and he was widely considered our best defender just over a season ago.

I'm not saying I think he's great but he'll be decent cover in the Championship.

15. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    'Sir!!???' Philip Green...

... is a wonderful caring 'human being' always looking out for others. Philanthropic, altruistic, charitable, generous and modest.

Whatever!! T.W.A.T even got his lawyers to send a letter to Frank Field MP demanding an 'apology' when he has left 000's of people without jobs and pensions through pure greed. The unnaceptable face of capitalism indeed. What a low life!

16. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: 'Sir!!???' Philip Green...

Well said Sir. He's a proper lovely person. Could solve the pension scheme problems instantly by paying back some of the money he took out of it over the years. The unacceptable face of humanity never mind capitalism.