When will fans be happy?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Duntpasstome, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Jak

Jake The Red Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Based on this bulletin board? Not often. Unless we are winning a lot.

Same regime this and last season, same strategies, same stadium and infrastructure, completely different fan reaction.

Why? We don't win anymore.

GudjonFan likes this.
  2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just want a professionally run football club that aims to be competitive in the short term but also signs some younger players to either sell on for profit or to improve the team in the long run but at the same time doesn’t put the financial security of the club at risk.

I’m fully aware & accept that we have a bottom 6 budget in this league & sometimes even when we’re run properly we could end up been relegated. I can cope with that.

I just don’t like paying fees for virtually a full squad of kids with no experience & getting beat most weeks when it’s avoidable.

It should be pointed out as well that plenty of us asked questions of the board after the Bradshaw sale, a lot more of us were asking questions after the Potts sale & loads of us were asking questions when Moore was sold & wasn’t replaced when we were still fresh off the Fulham win so for many fans it isn’t some short term reaction to a bad run of results.

3. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No Im not happy at all, its becoming really strange the lack of communication and it was obviouus we would struggle this year without experience even though Ithought Stendel with his way of playing would have gained us more points than it did. I thought that the replacements for Pinnock, Davies and Lyndsay brought in could have coped but selling Moore without a replacement was a terrible decision.

I also hoped that the likes of Mowatt, Dougal, Mcgeehan, Woodrow, Cavare, Pinnilos, Brown, Thiam, would have coped better with the championship and that some of the new signings like Wilkes, Collins would gave been good enough to step straight in.

The original post was football in general after listening to talk sport phone ins with fans from Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton etc moaning and thought that they have nothing to moan about compared to us and we have nothing to moan about compared to Macclesfield.

Another part of the question was if we manage to get mid table stability in the championship would we as fans be happy or would we turn on our club and players for not getting top six?

Ithink with our gate sizes and sponsorship that we are a top league 1 side but bottom 4 championship so should we really be complaining about the on the field stuff as much as we do.? Without over spending above our means can we ever get to mid table stability Im not sure retaining Stendel, Pinnock , Moore would have done that and who are these experienced championship players that would have come without breaking the pay structure because i dont know.

dodgey defence and wakeyred like this.
  4. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When we overspend.

5. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When our average home attendance is 10,603 and we are in the Premier League - like Bournemouth!

6. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's what we need to do as every other club does in this league and above. We just need to admit ithats what we want and take any future consequences as doing that doesn't guarantee success ie the Wendies. I'm pretty sure Bournemouth overspent and we will have to see what happens when they lose Howe and if they drop out of the prem.

Julian Broddle's Perm likes this.
  7. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fully agreed.
    I genuinely believe that if Bournemouth lost Eddie Howe, they would be a third tier team within four seasons. Such is the importance of having the right manager.

8. dod

dodgey defence Well-Known Member

Joiner
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with all of that. Football fans in general though will always want more of the same if things are going well or want better if things aren't going well that's the nature and beauty of sport.
    My frustration with Barnsley is that we always seem to shoot ourselves in the foot, our recruitment in the summer was totally scattergun and not specific to what the team needed, leaving us with an unbalanced inexperienced squad that is totally out of its depth.
    In my opinion the board have now got a second chance to repair the damage by appointing an experienced manager and letting him bring a few experienced loan players in to stabilize things, but I just don't see it happening.

Duntpasstome likes this.