Will they extend season ticket early bird date so we have the full facts ? Are the locusts home ?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Wath and West Melton, May 12, 2022.

1. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If they did away with the early bird prices then the price could be the full price from the off with no discount ,at least the early bird does give you the incentive to renew early & support the club financially through the summer when there is no match day income .

2. Wat

Wath and West Melton Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Early Birds are good yes to generate some quick monies for the club early doors but this unique situation BFC are in there could be say 3,000 fans who are on the fence and thinking now these locusts have maybe gone and there is a new regime in place who love the club its town and it supporters then I will renew, but 16th May is virually here for the cut off date so the club needs to act quickly or they could be saying ta ta to hundreds of thousands of pounds of 'on the fence' season ticket holders ?

Hoping somebody with an ounce of common sense at the club extends the early bird offer. There must be literally hundreds / several thousand fans who are probably thinking give us the full facts / fallout from yesterdays announcement because at the minute it has just created a lot more questions.

Still have a bad feeling that the stench of those locusts who own us are still in the background somewhere, so what exactly does this new shake up mean ?

We need clear concise and full explanations and answers + plans for the future

3. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Plan is to win games.(as stated) How we fare in the transfer market and getting the right bloke in are always subject to failure. ( I get the. put a brit in place that knows the league. But that doesn't guarantee anything. Val knew very little other than playing in the premier. Stendl knew eff all about L1) Not to try their best is the issue. On that note I'm prepared to give em a chance.

4. mick woodhouse

mick woodhouse Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some very reasonable points there . I’m well and truly on the fence . Even though I welcome the new directors I want to know if the same plan will be in effect next season and is the match day experience going to improve . I can’t see much changing to be honest it’s just a cabinet reshuffle and they are on the offensive to capture ticket renewals .

5. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    No because you still put in place the deadline on securing your own sest for say the end of May. Then people would renew but you would have more chance of EXTRA people deciding at the end of July start of August to get one.

mick woodhouse likes this.
  6. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    My inclination is still not to renew. However extending the deadline would be a very small gesture that would show some positive movement from the club.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  7. tob

tobytyke1999 Active Member

sack the early bird ****** off and keep it at that price, im sure they arnt desperate for an extra 50 quid

8. mick woodhouse

mick woodhouse Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So it’s not only me then !

9. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thing the club need to realise if they havent is folk not renewing in EB period may turn them off altogether to paying more down the line when they were unsure anyway. Then they risk losing them forever. People get new hobbies.

A proper press conference with all the questions fans have being asked (as there are a lot) ought to be held next week and EB pushed on a week after that.

unless there are some things they want to hide or not speak about…?

i know its already been extended cos of the finance issue but this is a pivotal and unique moment.

its make or break for a lot of fans now sat in the i might renew camp but have doubts and objections.

until the club addresses the objections they will lose fans.

glavin, Connor and Redstone like this.
  10. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Press conference is scheduled for 27th May. Agree that EB ought to be put back to 31st May, surprised it hasn’t been yet.

Skinner likes this.
  11. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure on some of that personally. If I know anything it’s that fans are fickle. If we smash League 1 and win the League, all this will be a distant memory to a lot of people. Some won’t be so easily swayed, but a lot will return. Rightly or wrongly.

Loko the Tyke and Donny-Red like this.
  12. In4

In4reds Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    100% wasn't going to renew and still not sure if this is just a shuffling of the pack. I need reassuring that we the fans aren't caught in the middle of in fighting as the west stand fiasco made me feel, if the board are all pulling in the same direction and we are still not good enough for the championship then fine but this season there was clearly massive problems at board room level and we the fans paid the price. The early needs to be extended until after the press conference and if I feel reassured then I will renew.

13. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let’s be honest; a lot of the questions many of our fans would ask are bluntly moronic.

Let’s be practical, unless the new board make a statement to the effect that we’re signing only English championship players and they’ll be managed by Mick McCarthy all paid for out of their own pockets they won’t be ‘happy’.

And by the same token, if the new board announce they’re going to risk the future of the club by throwing money at it, they’ll alienate a raft of other fans.

we’re in a crap place; what exactly would make all the fans happy?

Red CB, churtonred and Loko the Tyke like this.
  14. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's not just an extra £50 though is it.

If I didn't have to renew in the early bird period, I'd probably leave it until July/August, when I've been on my holidays, paid for a couple of family birthdays, got my finances back in line. I imagine many others would too. Put £100 a month away from the end of the season, and pay for it July/August.

That doesn't benefit the club. Season ticket sales presumably contribute to the transfer budget. In the past we've had over 8,000 renewals by the end of the early bird period. That's 2.4m (presuming they're all adults which of course they're not).

If you don't have an early bird period, it might take you until early August to get that money through the door, by which time the club lose out on transfer targets. Inevitably the only way then to generate a transfer budget, is to sell players.

People complain about us selling players, they complain about the recruitment and they complain about the early bird period. Where do they think we're getting the money for new players from?

15. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with this. the press conference could shed more light on the direction of the club and just tilt a few who are unsure into renewing

16. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Having their arses wiped for em. So many questions unanswerable at this stage.
    Getting it right on the field as has been quoted a main priority. ( not a guarantee by any means).not the bank ballance being the major priority as in profits to the shareholders.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  17. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think that's a fair stance..

18. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    To introduce a question of characteristic pedantry does today's announcement on extended early prices also cover the availability of the three month finance option so that they continue to end co-terminously?

Last edited: May 14, 2022
  19. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I must be on my own here as I have never found the early bird a problem, after the first season of introduction I just saved for my ticket from april until the following april , if there is 12 months between each renewal date then I do not see the problem, I understand everyone"s financial situation can be different but there are 12 months in any year & to me its just the same renewing in April as it is in august & by the way I know there are a thousand & one reasons why people cannot or do not want to renew & I fully understand that & I would not criticise anyone who does not want to renew , every individual has their own choice & rightly so but blaming it on the early bird date baffles me .

Redhelen, tosh, Archey and 1 other person like this.
  20. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Fully agree with what you say it’s never a surprise with the way tickets are structured but I can see this season why an extension makes sense with the changes in the board giving people who weren’t renewing a second chance to reconsider