Will you renew next season

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by judith charmers, Feb 15, 2020.

?

Will you renew next season?

1. Yes

76 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. cudeth red

cudeth red Well-Known Member

van driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Definitely yes and always will while in my power to do so

2. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes - as I’ve stated before - it’s a life long affliction. There’s no cure for me.

3. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wow...just thinking if say 1500 to 2000 didnt renew, that would be around half a million plus pound fall in revenue. I wonder if our board have factored that in, together with the loss of merchandise and tv deals?
    Maybe the international sponsorship, they were hoping for will take care of it all.

4. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If they continue running the club as they are with no communication with the fans, then no. As I've been going to Oakwell since 1968 and have had a season ticket since the 1969/70 season, this is a tectonic shift of attitude for myself. Even my worst enemy could hardly claim I make knee jerk reactions. Unfortunately, I've never felt as disconnected with the club. Sadly, I don't think the owners care about dinosaurs like me. I thought my relationship with the club would end through cost, or ill health. Never this way.

5. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    CRIPES, when Kev talks like this then I realise just what a poor state the club really is in.

6. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Couldn't possibly click "Like" for that, but it's word for word my feelings too. So very sad.

7. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    51/49 after 60 votes. Not sure if all 60 are current ST holders I suppose.

I voted yes, I’m not 100% sure and if it was just me it’d likely have been no, but having spoken to the 12 year old, he wants to carry on no matter what and I suppose he doesn’t have the deep rooted frustration I have.

So I’ll probably renew both - though it does depend a little on pricing as his will go up for next season as he’s turned 12 so gone up in the age category

8. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve only been going since the mid nineties and I’ve certainly not always had season tickets, but it’s so sad to read this as it reflects what so many of us feel.

As I’ve said above I’ll likely renew for the sake of my eldest as he’s still mad keen, he’s only really seen promotion from league one and relegation from the championship so both are pretty normal to him, and at 12 has no real interest in the off field mismanagement. He just wants to come and cheer them on every other week. And I’m not denying him that whilst the club is still there, even though I’d rather not throw any more of my money at them.

Redhelen likes this.
  9. barrywhitesbarmyarmy

barrywhitesbarmyarmy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I feel I've lost my passion and love for the club to the point I'd rather do something else with my Saturday afternoons.

I don't blame the managers nor the players, but I do blame the owners for not even trying to fight to stay up this season. The January transfer window activity spoke volumes to me how little they want to remain in this league.

Trickster Two Six likes this.
  10. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed but the away games I'm in front of the telly wi mi Westons n watching Mr Stelling.

11. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can I also make it clear I'm not advocating people follow my lead? I speak only for myself and would never assume I know better than anyone else how best to spend their free time or disposable income.

12. RedKen-dal

RedKen-dal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Voted yes, I’m not a season ticket holder but will be next year. Just can’t get enough of Mads, worth the cost of a season ticket con his own.

13. bright red

bright red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why would I stop going now? A relegation this season would leave me watching the team play at the same level they were in when I went to my first match 55 years ago. For ten of the first fiftenn years they were in the league below. Owners come and go and I don’t even think the current lot are our worst by a long chalk. My enthusiasm and enjoyment has varied over the years for obvious reasons. This season crap, last season fantastic. I’ll be there, hoping for the best and supporting my team which ever league they are in.

14. Can

Cantley_Tyke Active Member

15. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well the current vote indicates quite a level of apathy. If people don't change their opinions then the club should be very concerned.

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Yup

17. Red

Redblueunwhite Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  18. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For me the big difference is that this season has demonstrated that struggling against relegation from the Championship will be the absolute best that we can achieve under these owners. Any half-decent League 1 season will mean our best players get sold in the summer, and any half-decent first half of a championship season will see our best players go in January instead. It's difficult to get as excited about watching when there's such an obvious self-imposed ceiling to what the club can achieve.

I live too far away for a season ticket, and I'm certainly not telling you what to believe! But I used to think that if we found the right manager or got lucky with a couple of signings then just maybe we'd be able to consolidate into a mid-table Championship club, perhaps with a tilt at the playoffs every few years and even the odd season in the top flight. I don't think there's any prospect of that now, so what's the point?

19. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Currently on the fence. I've voted yes as that's the most likely outcome. Group of 5 of us go and the social side is nice. Plus we really like where we sit and are surrounded by groups of people we get on with.
    Assuming pricing stays the same I'll probably just get one. From my perspective the cost of one season ticket is fairly negligible, I think I have missed around 8 home games so far this season. I appreciate this isn't the case for everyone regarding the cost especially when its families buying multiple tickets.
    Looking forward to getting back on the road in the league one.

20. ScubaTyke

ScubaTyke Well-Known Member

Scuba Instructor/IT Consultant/Sailor...
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My renewal will be iFollow because of where I live and the rare times I get to UK but I am a Barnsley supporter and that won’t change. I will still be searching around for bars with free WiFi on Saturday afternoons.