(With apols to Red Rain) Minority view: this is not the end of the world!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Orsen Kaht, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

Well it's actually just another point of view, but thank you all the same.

2. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

Good morning your Grace! I would never aspire to presenting a 'minority report' - mine is a humble minority view!

But er....... are we more or less in agreement on this issue?

3. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, I know, it was just my little joke.

I enjoy reading your stuff, even the horsey stuff that I know nothing about. Keep it up.

4. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley

Thats just bullsh!t and you know it. When I first started watching Barnsley in the early '70s we were a stuggling 3rd division side soon to be a struggling 4th division side
    the Fowls were in the second division and Leeds (and I think but am not quite sure the Blunts) were in the first division with far better players than we had

I was even taken to the odd game at the sty and one at Bellend Road but it made no difference. My Dad was a Barnsley fan, it was my local team and as soon as I went to my first game that was it. We sold players in those days too - Baraclough to Newcastle Owlatouski(sp?) to West ham etc

if you want to watch better players just clear off to Manchester - that was true in my youth and its still true today

5. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Too true. We also sold along with Otolakowski and Barraclough, Gorry and Mick Pickering for considerable sums bearing in mind our league status.

6. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's why Wednesdays are going to buy Connor from us as well.

7. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    that high,,,mmmm food for thought

8. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry Nudger, but THAT'S *****. Pure and unpolished. The whole of Sheffield must be chuckling at your tantrums.

Take a deep breath, calm down and stop 'yer flouncing. I'm sure we'll find out in due course what has happened and I'm equally sure that the club haven't just decided to press the self destruct button.

Have faith - in Patrick we trust!

got to say that to some extent i understand YNs point of view ...unfortunately Barnsley have always been a selling club
    By selling their Best players time after time theres no wonder we are where we are...
    Our poor financial position stems from a history of lack of ambition..and im not just going back to the 90s
    speak to most of the older generation, who in their 20s 30s where avid fans and most will tell you that they got fed up of the situation at oakwell Yes footballs changed , i concede that, over priced gate prices Tv coverage and the money they pump into the premier league, players wages...but putting that aside ...we shoot ourselves in the foot on too many occasions,
    What has happened once again is a smack in the face for the very same supporters who first of all bought into the Wilson promises the board gave 2nd time around only to change tack, then we bought into the new policy of young hungry gems , which have worked so far, but yet to me the board have loss their nerve by selling Sam, we are so close to breaking in to the top six, that its demoralizing to see this transfer take place, like YN says what type of message does this send out, you dont sell your best striker if you are aim for the top six and promotion...it just smacks of happy to stay away from the relegation places....once again i bring to your attention the comments from a conversation i had with Mark Robins ...when he had approached the board and the Don and asked for 3 players who he said he would have staked his life on getting us to the play offs let alone automatic promotion....... they arent bothered, all they want is to make sure we dont get relegated ....Ambition there isnt any to progress as long as they keep their jobs thats all that matters to them its totally demoralizing when you get a group of players that can take the club forward and the club stalls on the agreement ...what message does that send out...only a poor one...it not only effects the manager but it sends the wrong message to the players....

i now sit back and await the verbal abuse that usually follows when you speak outside of the box....but in my 50 odd years of watching the reds you come to expect it ...it doesn't soften the blow however..and at times you cant help wonder where we would have been if the clubs ambition matched both the players and the managers and im not only talking about Robins nor am i saying anything in defense of Dannys second coming im just generalizing on past business plans and the way we get let down time after time.
    Ah well on to the next amount of years supporting BFC though in my opinion they dont help themselves.

9. Tyk

Tyke pigeon Banned Idiot

This site would be in meltdown if it happens and it's looking like it could happen

10. Ric

RichieD Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the surface this strike me as the stupidest bit of transfer business we have done in a long, long time. We can look for crumbs of comfort, but the reality is that we are shipping out a pretty prolific scorer for a pittance to a club that's a rival for the play-offs. Utterly ridiculous. Why would Conor want to hang around given what seems to have happened?

11. Euroman

Euroman Well-Known Member

Training and Development Consultant retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you look at Sams stats. He needs lots of chances to score goals. His shots to goal and shots on target % show he is only a middling striker in this league. He also has to settle into a new club with a different playing style to that which he has at Barnsley. We saw the effect this had on him under Lee Johnson. What annoys me is that the Club and Cryne said no one was leaving this January as the players were more valuable to the club at this time than any transfer fee. I wish Sam well.