Wow! £38 pay on the day Cat A*.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Micky Finn, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you mean Mond. See, I said you were having a bad 24 hours.

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When you consider most of the clubs charging more are in a bigger catchment area, have achieved more in their history and have to charge more due to the silly wages they pay, our fans are being even more ripped off than first thought.

Fans are being penalised for us not being owned by a richer person and Cryne of all people should know the people of his own town, what they can afford ect. The goodwill of last season I worry is going to be lost very quickly.

3. SFOTyke

SFOTyke Well-Known Member

Retired (Early)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I tend to agree with Stahlrost, Red rain and Whitey, although that is maybe because I am one of Stahlrost's Prawn Sandwich Brigade, as I use the Legends Suite.

I only get to one, maybe two games per season (I think my maximum was four), so to me it makes sense to me to splash out.

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Both my points were more about football in general than about Barnsley, and I agree totally about Sky who have ruined football and cricket for the masses.

I agree with you really, we have to invest to compete at the level we are now at, and we have to get the money to invest from somewhere. If we don't, we'll inevitably get relegated again. Only when all clubs stick to the same principles will we have a chance again. I thought the FFP rules were supposed to help in this regard, but they appear to be as frightening as a three year old who's just woken up attacking Mark Roberts with a feather duster.

One thing I would mention though is (as another poster has already mentioned) that I don't think it's just about money. Newcastle had more money than most last season, and got relegated. We went to the bottom of the league, not because of lack of money, but because we played players out of position, the wrong formation and poor tactics. You commented on it at the time. We changed the formation and started winning matches, and invested in some better players which got us promoted. It was only partly about money, as I see it.

5. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

It's probably about £15 for fish and chips in the Spencer's at Cawthorne. You can get some for a fiver in town.
    It's 70 quid for a Ralph Lauren polo shirt. You can get one for a fiver by George at Asda.
    You can pay anything up to 4 quid a pint around Barnsley. You can drink the same beer at home for less than a quarter that price.
    You can pay 20 odd quid to watch Championship football. It's for free at your local park.
    You pays your money and you takes your choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or you could pay less to watch a Premiership game so your analogy breaks down somewhat.

7. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

Not at all. To reiterate, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

8. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, it was only partly about money. We were underperforming given the size of our budget, but as you say, there were reasons.

9. Whi

Whitey Guest

They receive hundreds of millions of pounds every season, Premier League clubs, don't they? And I'm pretty sure the ones able to procure the cheaper away tickets in the Prem, have to be season ticket holders.

It's like those bigging Reading up for their £20 offer for away fans. It's not quite, is it. It's £20 for those fans who have season tickets for that club.

10. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    WOW and some say that I knee jerk .... Proper ROFLMAO

just how many catergory 'A *' games do you think there will be... it says there are very very few... and for that matter category 'A' too.

Take a look at the list of teams in the championship for next season ... now if Villa are just a Cat 'A' then who will be the teams that will be cat 'A*' I can only see maybe Newcastle, PIGS and the Bell End road scum. I would be surprised at many more than that and am amazed that the Villa game was not a cat'A*'

I even cannot see a huge deal of cat 'A' either.... I think the most will be cat 'b & C' so in the words of the scousers

"CALM DOWN...CALM DOWN...CALM DOWN.... OUR BARRY"

maybe the heatwave has burned a few brains on here.

Oh and surely the OP should be used to prices like this .. I mean its not exactly cheap at Old Trafford I it... even for the BBC Man Utd FanBoyz

:p:p:p:p

11. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh my mistake I thought you were suggesting that you pay more for quality. You are suggesting that if people are stupid enough to pay a certain amount then they get what they deserve.

12. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I appreciate what you are saying. It doesn't make it right though. Eventually if going to do your shopping at Harrods costs less than nipping to the market who will carry on shopping down the market ( whatever the justification). I went to several premiership games last season and paid less than I would do next season at Oakwell. Whatever the backdrop it's not sustainable equitable or correct.

13. The Ted

The Ted Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair my point isn't about fans being ok with being ripped off twice. It's about maximising the money we are making from away fans like they regularly do to ours.

14. OxR

OxRed Well-Known Member

That's purely your interpretation pal and therefore I'll leave it with you.

15. Whi

Whitey Guest

The average price folk (like me) will be paying is roughly £28 a game. On par with our last season at the level. I'm not getting the angry vibe. And if you know me and my feelings on things like this, you'll know I'm up for a good old moan regards ticket pricing. I'm guessing it's the £38 bit that's irked folk. But as Loko has suggested elsewhere on the forum, I think that'll be used once if it all.

I am not justifying the increases. I'm paying them no doubt. But I do get the reasoning. And if you get a season ticket, it's under £15 a game for two seasons no matter the level. I sympathise with those who can't/won't get a season ticket and I really do understand why some will cease to attend, but mate, it was £25 to watch us laik Gillingham and Bury. An extra fiver for Derby, Villa etc? Yes, it's not great but it's not the scandal some are suggesting. In my opinion of course. Because if (and I've seen this posted already...) some folk are saying "£20/£23/£25 and fair enough..." then my advice to them is buy a season ticket if you're going to make at least 10 games. Make more than 10 and you're getting in for under £20 a game.

16. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Club have been looking at it and I think there's still time for that to be announced.

17. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    at tomorrow's q&a (if you're going) could you ask why they left it so late and so disorganised for the ticket situation? They've had requests for years, absolutely years, for the flexibility ticket but with a few weeks to go to the new season they are still looking into it.
    They've announced the match day prices in the most bizarre fashion I've ever seen. An announcement one day that there are categories but they won't at what they are then a few days later an announcement what the categories are then announcing the game prices a few matches at a time. It all seems very strange and as far from customer friendly as possible.

I'd also like ANY explanation as to the use of the word benefit in today's statement. They claim that charging OUR fans a lot of money to match the high prices charged by Aston villa is a BENEFIT to our fans but I fail to see how that is possible.

18. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It doesn't particularly impact me but I suspect people would be less 'whatever' if the season tickets had gone up 200 quid. We treat people as second class citizens and it doesn't sit well with me.

We could at the same time as releasing the pricing structure brought in flexi tickets to help our fans. £100 quid for 5 games (or whatever multiple you choose) of your choice and confirmed our support of the 20s Plenty's campaign. We could have set up some form of membership scheme to discount tickets. We could have done many things. W could have hidden the bad news inside good news. We could have actually tried living in the real world.

You're a better man than me there's no way I'd pay that to go to Oakwell.

19. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    No can't go as I've been working in Edinburgh the last few days. HAvent they given the option to tweet or email questions for the meeting?

Isn't the benefit being mentioned the fact that some tickets are cheaper than last year where reciprocal agreements have been done?

20. Whi

Whitey Guest

I hear you, pal. Not the last sentence, but the rest.