WSB - Mr Cryne & Mr Mansford join us for Q&A this Thursday.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Dyson, Feb 16, 2015.

1. 'thereev'

'thereev' Banned Idiot

Company Director
    another question:-

what is your excuse for the club being on a downward spiral since your arrival Jase?

Conincidence or are you to blame, partially or fully?

and remember to say ....hopethishelps or 'hope you can help' in this case!

2. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All comedy is banned until we get our new leader. :)

3. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My questions (I'm working in London):

1) Einstein's definition of madness is repeating the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. With that in mind, what's different about yet another managerial replacement this time around?

2) With the sole exception of Swansea City, a separate ownership model between stadium and club has, with hindsight, ranged from broadly unsuccessful (Barnsley) to disastrous (Coventry, Stockport, Darlington) for those clubs who've tried it. Can we make this model work, or do we ever foresee a set of circumstances where we'd reunite the two entities?

3) Everyone should acknowledge the debt of gratitude we have to Patrick for keeping us solvent given that we've again, despite earlier assurances to the contrary about living within our means, run a significant loss and increased the debt in 13/14 and if the reasons given are not misleading (high staff severance costs) then presumably we're on course to require subsidisation yet again in 14/15? How do we end this cycle of dependance?

By the way, if anyone asks about forecourt tellies, Tina Tyke, or anything to do with catering can you lock them in the basement and bum them like gimps in Pulp Fiction? Thanks. (That's a question for you Dyson, not Patrick and Ben)

4. BFC

BFCFan4Life Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dyson - would love to come on Thursday. I did email you last night but you didn't get my last email so not sure if you will have received.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could you ask.

Do you ever intend to see a plan out without panicking when the first few nutjobs start moaning?

6. Dr Zazlos

Dr Zazlos Banned Idiot

L&T Transport LGV/PCV Instructor
    in all fairness its a brave positive move from Ben and Patrick to agree to attend such a meeting.

Great credit to them with all the bullets currently flying in their direction

7. springvale red

springvale red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loved to have come but working, hopefully funnyfella23 will update on Twitter

8. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On a more practical, bricks and mortar front, can the club PLEASE PLEASE take the existing 'scoreboard' down?? I know this is small beer in the grand scheme of our current plight, but it's a feckin' embarassment - seriously. Offers no useful information whatsoever. Having nothing at all there would portray the club in a better light to visitors than that random assortment of knackered bulbs. With the PA giving other scores, team news & ticket info and most folk buried in their smartphones anyway, there is nothing the scoreboard does, other than give visiting fans something else to mock us for. An all-singing, all-dancing jumbotron screen, with match highlights, pre-match interviews etc on would be great, obviously, but we know there's not much money about, so next best is nothing there at all. TAKE IT DOWN.

9. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All booked up now lads. If you've not received an email, afraid you didn't make the list.

Like I said, we'll be trying to record everything so you get chance to hear exactly what was asked and said. If you want a question asking, let me know.

Cheers.

10. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Agreed. Every time I see it I feel like I've woken up on the morning of my wedding, only to find a 1 inch wide monstrous oozing carbuncle in the middle of my forehead.

11. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What is going on with managerial appointments and why do they all fail? We've tried seemingly every possible option (young and inexperienced, lower league, experienced, promoted from within) and every single one has been a failure recently. Is it the selection process that's wrong or are they not been given the right resources/time to be able to do their job properly?

One I sent you on twitter, would Patrick Cryne be open to fan representation on the board? Or some sort of share issue to give the fans an ounce of control in what goes on at the club? Currently I feel disillusioned with what's going on with no chance to change a thing.

At Mansford, what has he contributed since he started the job because all I can see is a team that were 'on the crest of a wave' to a team that's as low as it's been since administration, all within 20 months of his appointment? How much responsibility does he take for the **** that's going on currently?

Finally, how much have we paid in compensation to managers under Cryne's reign? Must be a hell of a sum and no surprise we're always bottom of the league wasting all that money we do, not only firing the manager and his staff, but the inevitable change of playing staff too.

12. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Way to go Moany...You can call Mansford a bullshitter to his face. Hmmmmmm.

13. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "crest of wave"?

Don't recall us riding so much as a ripple unless we're referring to the great escape and I'd hardly call luckily avoiding relegation the crest of a wave.

14. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably be the same old answers on things like Lindleys, scoreboard, season ticket prices being based on how many sign up idea etc. Hopefully it's explained why we spend more than we earn because that's worrying even if it's a man we can rely on doing it, as it doesn't show us as a viable business opportunity. I hope if someone wants to buy us that we are open to the land going back into the name of the football club as part of the deal. Be nice to know why our pitch is in such shocking state. It's usually pretty good and the weather can't be blamed for it because it's the same for other clubs who have much better playing surfaces. At least we don't have the one Bradford have.

15. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    why don't you go and find out. or even better go and ask a question so its not all about pies and scoreboards.

16. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    well obviously ask them

how far along the road we are to getting a new manager appointed.

17. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've got a few questions I'd like asking (I'm 250 miles away on Thursday). Do I write them here, PM or just e-mail you?

18. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Email please mate.

19. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd say we were after Flicker's half a season, we were brilliant during that period and most of us expected us to push on after that.

20. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair play to both gents for turning out, but nothing they say can affect this season with the players we've got, and the transfer window closed. If "The Plan" is till in place it ain't working - so we need to know what will change?