Yiadom sky interview

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DannyWilsonLovechild, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have the players had a day off today? I only ask because in true 'I saw Omar Bogle buying a steak slice in Pound Bakery' style, I'm positive I saw Yiadom strolling past the Royal Exchange in Manchester at about 5.15pm tonight. If not him, he's got a twin.

2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But some of the posters on here are saying he's not performing how we know he can , i.e not going
    into tackles , so that could be having an adverse effect on morale and the overall effectiveness of the team.

No matter how we dress it up , deep down on his own admission it appears that he doesn't want to be
    at the Club. Be interesting to see if he features at the weekend and if the people who ultimately
    pay his wages let him know how they feel about the situation.

In my view he has over stepped the mark by giving an interview to Sky.
    No one player is bigger than the Club and we know he's refused a new contract and wants away, but like Mawson, Bree and Hourihane he should keep his own counsel until the Club accept a figure that matches their investment in him by working with him to turn him into an International and Championship player.

3. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I sincerely hope they've been in practising how to defend corners.

4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
  5. Red

Red Army Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    if the paper reports are true and he wants to leave this transfer window then he fails to realise he is under contract and it is the clubs decision if he goes?

let's face it being the main man in a defence conceding 6 goals in 2 games is hardly a glowing cv is it?

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I might be the only one but I didn't think he ducked tackles at all last night. Certainly no more than Angus MacDonald, Ethan pinnock, George moncur and Joe Williams did anyway.

RichieD likes this.
  7. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I take your point, but what I am saying, he has gone from non league to winning international recognition, a regular championship player being courted allegedly by premiership sides all in one year. I am sure somewhere along the line the Barnsley fc coaching staff/management will have played a big part in his progress & he must realise that.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  8. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is it a lack of class that hecky very publicly went on the radio saying come and get him a month ago? He was happy to tell the world that yiadom was for sale and just needed a bigger bid for us to tell him to piss off to the highest bidder.

In the most bizarre transfer negotiations I've ever seen hecky then publicly told yiadom that he was the best full back in the league and should be paid accordingly when he knew that we couldn't pay the wages that the best full back in the league deserves.

He basically went on the radio and said yiadom deserves to be at a bigger club than us and deserves more money than we can pay and then said that if a big bid comes in we will sell him anyway.

It would hardly convince me to sign a new deal to be honest

9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Likewise surely we went from a struggling league one team to a mid table championship team with a minimum of £5m additional revenue and Conor hourihane, josh scowen, Marley watkins, mark Roberts etc paid a big part in our success but the Barnsley FC board members/owner didn't seem to realise that when it came to contract renewals.

10. Yorkie Red

Yorkie Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Huddersfield's captain, Hudson has announced his retirement and Yaodom would have been back up/competition for him. I suspect Yaidom knows this so made his intentions public. Huddersfield will want to get this deal done and I think we should too. Get him moved on as it just unsettles everyone concerned. Even is the price is below our valuation, put a decent add on clause in or a sell on clause.

Donny Red likes this.
  11. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its old ground, unfortunately at some stage, players will always move on, their agents will see to that because its all down to pound notes

12. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His agent is on the same books as what Ben Mansford was on. Therefore his agents an expert in absolute ********,and is probably an all round slippery ******.

13. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I haven't seen the interview with Yiadom so can't comment on that.

But assuming it's true, on a similar vein, did anyone listen to the interview with Brad Potts when he joined? I thought it was interesting (and worrying) that he talked about playing us last year when he was at Blackpool and that since then four or five players have moved on. He then said that the club "do that, make a bit of money and let them progress". Perhaps I'm exaggerating the point but when a player says that in the interview when they first join are we taking the strategy too far? Are we only able to sign some of these players because they see us as a stepping stone to something better and will be off as soon at the first sign of it, as Andy Yiadom and all the others have done? It feels to me that there's been a shift since the signings of Hourihane, Roberts, Mawson, Winnall, Scowen, Watkins etc and that we may now just be a short term and transient step rather than somewhere they actually want to be. For me it's about the motive for joining in the first place and I'm concerned we're stressing the ability to progress and move on too much.

I would get two or three older players in right now. For experience and because they just might want and see value in being here for a while. It might add some balance.

Then again, I'm not aware of the conversations we're having with players so I may be completely wrong.

tinatyke likes this.
  14. Nog

Nogger Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone got a clip of the interview?

15. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nogger likes this.
  16. Nog

Nogger Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers for that mate, but I meant a clip of the Yids interview on Sky

17. wdu

wdu6132 Member

TBH the draw we have of developing players to higher level football is a great assett for us attracting loans from prem clubs and lower league potentials,, if we didnt have that draw then that would be even worse players not wanting to neccesarily come to us. Youve only got to look at Roberts a Barnsley lad, captain, money will always draw off the best players we have. Whats the alternative ??