“This team made the playoffs last season”

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donks, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Don

Donks Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Actually, only 6 of the starting line-up featured regularly for us last season.

Take out the manager and 5 starters and it’s back to League One.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sibbick played regular under val but now moon is the better option.

Redhelen likes this.
  3. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Sibbick has played in all but 2 games?

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

He hasn't started the last 3 for moon then today he came.on and Austrias pep decides to try moon in midfield. Joker

Redhelen likes this.
  5. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still a **** manager

Donks likes this.
  6. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Of all the issues we appear to have at the minute, Moon starting instead of Sibbick for 3 games is the least of them to be honest. Moon has played in every game so far.

I'm not sure whether we can accommodate 2 inexperienced centre halves in the back 3 (meaning Kitching and Moon), but I don't think either were poor today. Defensively, I don't think we looked stretched at all today, other than one lapse for the goal.

The main issue is that we didn't have a single shot in the final 70 minutes of the game, which is inexcusable.

RamTam likes this.
  7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Millwall aren't a good team and I agree id still play sibbick before moon though. I think the problems at the club go deeper than losing 3 winnable games and winning one in 12.

Redhelen likes this.
  8. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    In all seriousness there is one key change and that’s the manager. In any case
    Collins Helik Sibbick Palmer Styles Brittain Woodrow Frieser were all regular starters I make that 8. Victor also featured quite a bit

The squad we have is good enough for mid table and ought to be capable of scoring a goal every now and then
    The fact is they haven’t a clue how they should be playing and it shows
    We look clueless going forwards and never really look like scoring whilst at the back we don’t look as solid.
    Ishmael or Struber would have this group playing a lot better than Schopp is

The real worry is I don’t see him turning it around

Last edited: Oct 2, 2021
    JLWBigLil likes this.
  9. Mav

Mav Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Completely disagree, we are missing Sibbicks pace in the back 3 quite badly. Moon hasn’t done enough to keep his place imho

Redhelen likes this.
  10. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair to the comment you’re responding to, he did say starting line up. Sibbick and Frieser came off the bench so you’re down to the six he mentioned.

Disagree that the players didn’t know what they were doing today. Thought we looked far more compact and sturdy than we have for a while. We kept our shape as a flat back five to avoid the cross channel balls in behind, and it worked. We were though woefully short in central midfield as Palmer and Styles looked like lost schoolboys as a pair, and our movement in terms of midfielders getting forward is close to shambolic.

Easy to point at one player but Mowatt would make such a difference in this team. Not just his ability but his experience. I think that’s where most of our problems are coming from. That and our final ball being so bad over and over and over.

Makes Brittain’s post match comments all the more relevant. But at the same time he does need to think about he can improve too because he’s squandering some of our most promising positions.

Redhelen and Donks like this.
  11. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Moon isn’t good enough.

12. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    But Sibbick and Frieser aren’t playing by choice of the manager they are available I think the fundamental problem is the head coach to excuse it by saying we lost a couple of players doesn’t stack up for me
    We were on the back foot for the last 70 minutes and I could only see one team scoring and eventually they did. But we just look so poor going forwards the players available aren’t that bad

13. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wouldn’t say we were on the back foot for a whole 70 minutes. The game ebbed and flowed a lot and we weren’t a team under constant pressure or defending our box. I thought, and this is pretty consistent with Radio Sheffield, that we shaded the first half and started really positively. They shaded the second. But both teams had their moments - ultimately our moments not been as worthwhile as theirs.

The OP referenced starting XI which was my point. Thought Moon was perfectly fine today as we looked relatively solid defensively, but he sees far too much of the ball which lets him down. Flip of a coin vs. Sibbick for me, although leaning to the latter for pace alone. Mistakes were creeping in with Sibbick though prior to being dropped which people might be forgetting.

Much of a muchness on current form between Cole, Frieser and Oduor. I like Frieser being involved. Im a big fan. But he’s been poor for 3/4 games. Not sure that’s a change I’d argue as a fault of Schopp’s.

The criminal change was Moon in to midfield. It’s indefensible and to @Tyketical Masterstroke’s point, why bother even putting Gomes on the bench? I just feel like that’s a heads gone moment that nobody will ever understand.

14. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We’re missing 4 of the best 8 that’s for sure. The lack of any strength & hold up play is killing us & of course Mowatt was exceptional.

Still Moon over Sibbick is dreadful

Redhelen likes this.