A rant about the negativity

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Mill Hill Red, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Mil

Mill Hill Red New Member

We won our second game in three days, went fourth in the league, but still managed to please all the negative...what's the word here? I want to say fans or supporters, but I don't think either word quite fits.

Shall I hazard a guess that the ones that booed today and that are coming on here whinging are the same ones who booed when Chopra scored against Doncaster...but then went on to moan that the club has no ambition when we didn't sign Chopra?

Chopra didn't sign for us for a number of reasons, but one of them was the...I'm stuck for the word again. I'll say crowd. The negativity of the crowd and the people who come on here beggars belief. It seems that everybody feels that the club owes them something and they are looking at any opportunity to have a go.

When we win we don't do it with flair (despite the fact that we have just played 2 games in 3 days, whilst Blackpool had no game at the weekend). When we sign players, they're no good. When we don't sign players, we've no ambition (whether we could afford the players and whether they would come to us in the first place is by the by). When we get rid of players, we should have kept them (because apparently being passionate, whilst running round kicking players and playing with an ineptitude that matches your ego, whilst being a negative influence in the dressing room is what we need!). When we do something to try to win back the casual supporters, it's not fair on the season ticket holders. And if there's nothing else to moan about, let's have a go at the manager for taking the liberty of having a summer holiday or Rob Knowles for a spelling mistake in the programme.

If everybody carries on like this and Howard et al do decide to leave in the transfer window, I suppose that'll all be Gordon Shepherd's fault too.

Yeah, we didn't play particularly well today. But we won, we're fourth, so get over it. Simon Davey watched the same game as us and so far I trust his judgement. I'm sure that the players too realised that we struggled a bit today, but they're professionals who earn their living by what they do on the pitch. Simon Davey has shown that he can spot problems in the team and he has been fearless in his changes. But unlike some I don't think he'll overreact. He'll get them back into training and continue working on the team to get things right. But sometimes he might just wonder why he bothers.

2. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well Said!! nt

3. mrx

mrx Banned Idiot

manager
    Home Page:
    top posting of all time. nt

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    No further comment needed

Just the odd "BTT"

5. Hicksy

Hicksy Administrator Staff Member Admin

Remploy Account Manager
    Barnsley, England, United Kingdom, 103126909727190
    Style:
    Barnsley
    How dare you

You've just offended 70% of this message board in one post. And you never turned up to mabels and left me with Mad Gerry, at least Kev and Caton turned up. And Elspeth (eventually).</p>

You make me sick.</p>

</p>

Top post by the way </p>

6. Mil

Mill Hill Red New Member

RE: How dare you

And I missed the kick off, cos our little one was scared of the fireworks!

7. Hicksy

Remploy Account Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley
    We nearly missed the whole game

Irish landlord forgot to pass on his agreement he made with me to the bar staff and Man City had been advertised!</p>

Took a bit of begging and a food order to convince them!</p>

8. Mil

Mill Hill Red New Member

RE: We nearly missed the whole game

You're just lucky that nutter from their pool team didn't turn up.

9. Hicksy

Remploy Account Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Very True!!! nt

10. Gue

Guest Guest

well written...

</p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">I reckon that the quiet majority agrees with you.</font></p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">but maybe, everyone who reads your post will agree with you and not think that itcould beaimed at themselves.</font></p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">And how difficult is it to win two games in three days? And how unfair is it to play a fresh team when you have already played a match that weekend.</font></p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">...... and yet it doesn't feel so good to jag the points from two teams who deserved more... </font></p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">well done, I reckon, let's bank them points and and now let's go out and outplay somebody and take the points.</font></p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3">well said Mill Hill</font></p>

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" /></p>

11. Ori

Original Dazza New Member

Home Page:
    This post should be a sticky! nt

12. Shy Talk

Shy Talk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    deserves a BTT nt

13. Wilmersdorfer Winky

Wilmersdorfer Winky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RE: deserves a BTT nt

the most sensible post i have ever seen on this messageboard. Well said and i agree this should be made a sticky. (Y)

14. E.I. Addio

E.I. Addio Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Excellent post - Well done nt

15. La Dent de Crolles

La Dent de Crolles Well-Known Member

Photomask Engineer
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I havent read everything that has been posted about the games, but you state that &quot;I'm sure that the players too realised that we struggled a bit today&quot;, when isnt that all that everyone will have been saying after last nights show?</p>

So how are you being different to all the moaners when you are saying exactly what they are?</p>

16. Journo Tyke

Journo Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Unbelievable post

It couldn't be more spot on... It's why I don't read and post on this board anywhere like as much anymore.

17. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Excellent Post

I sometimes dispair of some of our fans, take my late dad for example, a Reds fan from 1932. I can remember many occasions when we were in a spot of bother, like the season we lost the first 6 matches, he was off; "were going down" he said, " load of rubbish" he said, "sack the manager" etc. I just said to him "look dad, its early days, we're actually playing well and given a bit of luck, we could have won 2 or 3 of those 6 games", but of course he wouldn't have it. Anyway, we recovered and in the end avoided relegation fairly comfortably. Oh and he was one of those that always said things like "They don't want to get promoted, they'll be straight back down" etc.

18. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is possible...

to be a decent fan who does not boo, but is able to come on here and state where we were weak on Monday night.

I sit in the Ponty and did not hear any booing and most clapped the players at the end, especially when they approched the Ponty End.

I have said before that the topics of discussion on here are no different from what you might have heard in pubs, clubs and homes after the match and throughout the week as supporters dissect what was good and what was bad, and if you think that picking out what was bad is a trait that is exclusive to BFC fans then you are sadly mistaken, it is somthing that all football fans do, regardless of their teams position or relative abilities.

The facts are that we were largely second best against Blackpool and that we scored more goals than them to get the three points and therefore, I am happy with the result as it leaves us only needing to find another nine wins from well over half of the season to go, but have to comment that the performance was poor in parts and look at why that might have been. For me it was a factor of the two games in 52 hours, a weakened midfield, wingers that cannot beat their men, a mistake to put five in midfield, and finally, just finally, a Blackpool side that are already fighting for their lives and desperate for a result who remind me a little of us last season; creating well, but suffering from not having a qulaity goalscorer.

19. Gue

Guest Guest

couldnt agree more.gawd knows wot the posts were like on here last season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

20. La Dent de Crolles

La Dent de Crolles Well-Known Member

Photomask Engineer
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was fun last season,

its difficult to get any debate going when we are doing well!