As i posted the other day,there could be method in there madness by appointing a director of footbal

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Redtothecore, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Red

Redtothecore New Member

Home Page:
    If robins doesnt make the grade, there will be someone in place to take over the running of the club. Patrick Cryne knows we need to get this appointment right this time and with maybe Kidd or some one of his statue, or Bryan Robson, he got a safety net too fall into ifthings go sour. In my opinion its a dangerous gameto play as there s always back biting between manager/ Director of football as they have different opinions, its happening now at Forest with david pleat as director of football and billy davies, A manager wants to bring in who he wants. A director of football as a different view on it.

2. Gue

Guest Guest

You mentioned Bryan Robson.

Go away and have a think about what you've done.

3. barnsley66

barnsley66 Well-Known Member

Learner Support Assistant/Happy Clapper
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seconded nt

4. driver

driver New Member

Home Page:
    RE: As i posted the other day,there could be method in there madness by appointing a director of foo

Let the manager manage. If we are already bringing a back up in, in case he doesn't make the grade, then he shouldn't be given the job in the first place. It might go wrong, but if you are saying here the job is yours, but you have to work with this bloke so he can take over when you **** up then its just madness.

5. Red

Redtothecore New Member

Home Page:
    Re: As i posted the other day,there could be method in there madness by appointing a director of foo

Kidd or someone like Robson would not be my idea too, Ithink give whoever gets the managers job the full running of the club, but i got a funny feeling Patrick Cryne is nt wanting that, theres a lot of clubs going down the path of Directors of football at clubs , Hence look at Notts county, where sven has gone. terry venables as been doing it for yonks years, quite a few chairmen are looking that way too.