BFC Investment Company Annual Return 2023

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Exile, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have you wiped it ;)?

Andy Mac likes this.
  2. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    At the August fans forum Neerav mentioned that a further £3.5m investment had been agreed. A share issue for £2,419,722 has recently taken place and been registered in Hong Kong in the last week or two.

A whopping 60,493,050 new shares in BFC Investment Company have been issued at an almost worthless 4p each, raising £2,419,722.

The main feature of this particular allotment of shares is that it has only been participated in by the 'active' owners, Neerav, JAQ and the Crynes:-

Neerav Parekh (Abhajay Investments) has taken 34,679,230 of the new shares ('A' shares) for £1,387,169

Julie Anne Quay (Jamakepe Investments) has taken 6,645,357 of the new shares ('A' shares) for £265,814

The Crynes (Oakwell Holdings) have taken 19,168,463 of the new shares ('B' shares) for £766,739

The allocations taken by Neerav, JAQ and the Crynes are in proportion to their shareholdings prior to this one as a percentage of £3.5m. Chien Lee and PMG have not taken up their allocations, which would have brought the sum to £3.5m. (I'm guessing that the full £3.5m probably isn't needed yet anyway following the Kitching transfer).

With this current share issue it would seem that Neerav now holds more than half of the 'A' shares in BFC Investment Company and therefore can control the majority of appointments to its Board.

3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for this Exile.

Exile likes this.
  4. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    This allocation looks to result in a massive dilution of Lee and PMG's holding and hence any real lingering influence.

If I've pressed the right buttons on my calculator given the big numbers involved now - the resultant shareholdings are currently:-

A Shares

Neerav Parekh (Abhajay) 57,798,717 shares which is 47.97% of the company and 65.28% of the A shares

Julie Anne Quay (Jamakepe) 11,075,595 shares which is 9.20% of the company and 12.51% of the A shares

Chien Lee 13,800,000 shares which is now just 11.45% of the company and 15.58% of the A shares

Pacific Media Group 5,871,300 shares which is now just 4.87% of the company and 6.63% of the A shares

B Shares

Oakwell Holdings Limited (Crynes) 31,947,938 shares which is 26.51% of the company

5. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Do PMG and Lee still have time to take up their share or have they now lost out on that investment?

6. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    No they had a month to opt in I believe which ended the week following the fans forum. Obviously they decided against taking up the option. They are becoming more and more irrelevant thankfully.

7. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Good.

Andy Mac likes this.
  8. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont really understand things like share issues.
    What is the need to issue shares when we have funds in the bank from transfers,and are these issues classed as emergency to fund the club moving forward?

9. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I imagine the running costs of the club in league 1 are far highger than the income, hence the need for transfer fees and share issues. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it was to dilute Conway/Lee though as well.

anstonred likes this.
  10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I still dont understand is that if they know Conway and lee won't invest any further then why can't they issue another 100,000,000 shares. All invest say 5 million quid each and take over the remaining shares that Conway and lee own.

And then as soon as they're out just take dividends of 5 million quid each back out of the club meaning they've taken the con ways shares for nowt.

I assume that's bit legal but why not? Is there some specific rule that prevents it?

11. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    It's a good question and one I don't know the answer to!

SuperTyke likes this.
  12. Gally

Gally Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I guess there’s nothing to stop them having further rights issues which might further dilute Conway/Lees shares. Doing what you suggest might open them up to a minority shareholder prejudice legal case though.

Exile and SuperTyke like this.
  13. ade

ade Well-Known Member

IT manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why though? They're already well in control.

14. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No particular reason, I was more just curious about why they can't if they wanted to.

I've absolutely no idea what that is but it sounds technically named enough for me to just not my head and smile :D
    I did figure there must be a law but then sometimes I'm surprised to find there's no law preventing something so thought I'd ask

ade likes this.
  15. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't understand why they undertake this extra investment (if that is what it is) while systematically devaluing the squad at every transfer window. There has been no progress since 2017, so what is it all about? In what other business would you invest millions to tread water?

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  16. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    thanks for the update exile and thanks so much for taking your time out to help us understand all this.
    v much appreciated.

17. Dub-Tyke

Dub-Tyke Well-Known Member

Dividends are subject to Tax - so it would actually cost them quite a bit. Almost £2m in tax at 33%.

So that’s not the best way of doing it.

Possibly a Directors Loan into the company, for the company to buy the shares - but not sure if that’s workable/permitted.

RedInBlackrod and SuperTyke like this.
  18. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The football league is littered with clubs who are no better off than they were six years ago. Who lead a yo yo existence never really getting anywhere. You could ask the same about their Boards pumping money in to a much greater tune than ours. There's little logic in football finance.

19. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Conway & Lee's holdings have already been diluted by share issues. They will take a big hit. That is one thing I'm glad about. The former ruined our club. If they sell up, it will be at a loss. Goodbye & good riddance. The investigations into the club may lead to other sanctions against them, but we'll await the verdict on that.

I think the current board are turning things around, in difficult circumstances. We've become more a L1 club than a Championship one, as a result of Conway's actions. It may take 5 years to reverse that.

Stephen Dawson and Exile like this.
  20. Mic

Michael Noz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well, it does look like we should thanking Neerav and JAQ and the Crynes. I looks like they are pressing on towards getting shut of the rotten apples....