BFCST: Open Letter to Barnsley FC and the Owners of Oakwell

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Loko the Tyke, Oct 15, 2021.

1. ATY

ATYKE1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well done mate - excellent letter which surely can`t be ignored.

Redhelen and Loko the Tyke like this.
  2. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great letter. I firmly believe that the only way any of the parties involved will pay the least attention is by seeing solidarity on the part of the fans, a drop off of bodies through the gate, even though they already have the season ticket money, which carries a threat of non renewal next season.
    The majority shareholders are here for one reason only, their own benefit. If that goes hand in hand with the good of the fans, fine. If not they need to be shown that the fans will act in solidarity against them.

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great letter, thank you BFCST. Sums up my feelings as an exiled West Stander more constructively and soberly than I ever could.

4. Wat

Wath and West Melton Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loko………excellent work sir…….take a bow I’m sure you speak for many thousands of BFC fans in the way you worded the letter…..thankyou

it’s in the chronicle also so let’s see if all parties concerned realise the strength of feeling amongst the fans and answer quickly and truthfully on all points raised and do not trot out politicians answers.

when these locusts pick on a thousand season ticket holders and try and have them for chimpanzees for the sake of dollar signs don’t they realise they pick on all of us ? This goes far beyond our fellow fans sat in the west stand.

Over to the other parties involved now to respond

5. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Good work lads (and lasses).

My fingers are already tapping. But feel the chances of getting a RSI are stronger than getting any clarification. Let's be right ALL parties have already had that opportunity already. But WE ALL sit in hope.

Redhelen likes this.
  6. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great work guys.
    Just what was needed.
    If you need any help or support with anything I'm local and able to assist if needs be.
    As you and pretty much all of this forum have said, in times of adversity, it's crucial that we're able to present a united front.

7. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm not sure where theres argument. A personal suggestion on how to give a title more potency is but that. I thought it of merit given how Conway has previously sidestepped the issue of the Crynes suing his investment vehicle as a Cryne v club issue.

I suspect he'll completely ignore it anyway and it will be left to the new CEO to answer some pre agreed responses and take all the flak.

But hopefully something positive comes from it.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    Redhelen, Old Gimmer and icer like this.
  8. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't see anyone arguing. Also I haven't said that the tone of the letter changes so please don't put words in my mouth. I also gave credit that the letter has a positive stance on these topics. The letter and its intent is not something I have negatively commented on. But I do agree that this does in fact sum things up. Im a frustrated and despondent fan. I come onto the board to listen and join in on debate. Some people care about the 'minor details' and some people see the BBS as a community where these points can be openly raised, challenged and discussed. I don't think the club has developed Oakwell as much as it could, but if you think they have, that's ok, its your opinion. If you don't care because its a minor detail then that's also your opinion. We do always seem to debate something but maybe I got it wrong, I thought that's what this community was about. Good luck with your letter, its a welcome and valid action to take and is the right thing to do. Now i'll step out of the 'debate' as it seems unwelcome.

9. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    i think that’s all valid myself. For me the ground developed out of all recognition under John Dennis. But from Administration onwards for some valid reasons and some perhaps less valid ones the ground has just been been left to slowly deteriorate. The only positive initiatives in that time seem to have been supporter led like the Fanzone.

Separate issue to the letter but perfectly valid imo. I’d guess if you started visiting Oakwell from 2002 onwards you would probably not have seen any development or improvement and could legitimately say the grounds got worse not better.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  10. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have to say that is a very well written letter & I'm fully behind the stance.

Redarmy87, Redhelen and Loko the Tyke like this.
  11. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Presuming that means all the improvements of Oakwell over the decades including the training ground etc.

Loko the Tyke likes this.
  12. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This letter merited a response today. The absence of any response, to my mind betokens a contempt of the club's most committed group of fans. Personally speaking, I am now awaiting the change of ownership - whenever that comes.

13. Gat

GatesheadRed Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant crafted letter! I have my own response to send to BFC but it’s very bitter and angry as a supporter of over 50 years - shafted!

14. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That’s a very good letter. Reasonable, succinct but direct. It’s a very fair reflection of general supporter concerns IMO. Whether it gets a response, and the content of that response, will tell us much about the owners and their future intent.

Thank you.

15. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get that the club (80% mob) might ignore us regular moaners but I'm staggered that they did not respond yesterday to the dedicated followers in the Supporters' Trust. There could not be a clearer way to put two fingers up to the fans.

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  16. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For full disclosure here, and because I have a lot of respect for the people that work at the club, I missed a call yesterday afternoon due to being in a work meeting. I’m led to believe this was to discuss a response, but when I returned the call they were then in a meeting. Phone call tennis then took place so I’m hopeful we’ll know more on Monday.

17. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good stuff loko.
    Its good to challange leaders in a productive manner. Hope this does provoke an efficient response.
    Then we can have more discussions.

18. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheers for that, Loko. It will be interesting, for sure.

19. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Andy Giddings invited us on Football Heaven last night. I’ve got the exact clip saved but at 6 minutes long I’ve no idea how I get it loaded on here.

You can just skip to 17:30 on the below link though. Fairly consistent with the open letter so nothing new for those who’ve already read it, but more exposure for what was released yesterday. Leon at the Yorkshire Post also covered the open letter in full.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09w8dqx

Last edited: Oct 16, 2021
    Redhelen, Mr C, nezbfc and 4 others like this.
  20. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading some of the posts on here its quite clear that some have made there mind up so whatever the club answer is it will be twisted to feed peoples agends.Personally when I see comments like "mobs" and "locusts" it could be a 21 page reply but it will not be good enough for some and I don't think it ever will.