Blackpool v Barnsley MDT

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Marc, Apr 20, 2024.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Yep we can all blame the ref the ref didn't fail to pick men up on corners. The ref didn't choose to hoof the ball and give possession back to Blackpool at almost every opportunity in the 1st half.

2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s massively relevant to me. We’re up **** creek financially. We’ve got 6 key players leaving in the summer & we literally have one player in Phillips who would get us any kind of substantial fee.

Whatever division we’re in we’ve got to replace these lads with little money because we got our recruitment badly wrong last summer & we’ve got several lads who are almost permanently injured still on the books.

3. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "cadden and Williams who were the the best wing backs in the league last season"

Strange that they never made EFL Team of the season then...the only BFC player who did was Mads Andersen.

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Its not though these players are still under contract cadden playing at half of what he was last season. Kane almost joined Bristol City last summer this he will be closer to Bristol rovers. Collins has had this group and its regressed I know you have defended Collins on here time and time again but I've been watching his football all season and I still don't know what Collins ball is. The recruitment o keffe, macatee and Roberts aside wasn't great but this blokes had a good side to choose from, I believe the players lost it with him after the Bolton game at home and I stand by that. Collins is up there with schopp and poya

5. sadbrewer

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Kane has had his most successful season since he joined the Club.
    Obviously Cadden looked better last year, as a wing back he had a thoroughly competent defence behind him, this year he hasn't.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    WG Red likes this.
  6. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Maybe the team of the season was 442 but I saw last season and this I've been watching us since 1997 and those 2 players have gone backwards today was as bad as the 1 nil defeat at Blackpool under schopp pathetic football. We've took 9 points from a possible 36 in the last 12 games explain that sherlock relegation form.

7. sadbrewer

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They haven't gone backwards necessarily because of Collins, if they have it's because they've had to try and compensate for the good players we sold and the shortcomings of the players we fetched in.
    You may think they were the best wingbacks in the league but I doubt many would agree with you.

8. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Cadden is a shadow of his former self. The football is awful hasn't been great all season but the results saved Collins. Now 9 points from the last 12 games is shocking if we started like that people would be calling for his head asap.

9. sadbrewer

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree recent results have been rubbish, but don't present it as as though we have a squad of sought after stars waiting to be picked up by the big hitters...all those have been sold already...if Cadden and Williams had been the best wing backs in the League they'd have gone in any of the last few transfer windows.

10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry we’re getting our wires crossed. I was replying to the other poster about assets. I agree with you that several of the out of contract players are going backwards but I’ve already assumed they’re off & have personally moved on before they’ve left.

I’ve just called it as I’ve seen it & that’s that De Gevigney, Earl, Lopata, McCarthy & McCart are all a lot worse than what we had last season & that we’ve got massive deficiencies in the squad.

I think it’s appalling that you can have all them centre backs on the books & not have a single centre back that’s dominant in the air (they knew Cundy was out for most of the season) or that none of them are particularly quick.

I know they tried to rectify it with the signing of Pines in January & they’ve been unlucky with him getting injured but it’s not good enough.

It’s like we’ve built a whole squad looking at technical ability & not took into account any of the physical attributes needed.

I can’t ever remember a Barnsley side as short or as slow.

The reason I’ve defended Collins is because I thought he was doing an excellent job up to March.

I honestly thought that to have us in the promotion hunt with the quality of defenders we had & the absences of Roberts & Connell in the first half of the season that he was doing a cracking job.

There’s no denying that we’ve been terrible since Pines got injured. I expected the defence to be a bit worse but we’re far worse than we were when we had Killip behind Williams, Lopata & McCart & Russell in front of them which obviously isn’t good enough.

His position will be untenable if we don’t make the play offs with the lead we had. I think that’s a given. I’d be surprised if anyone wanted to keep him then.

Whoever’s in charge next season feels irrelevant to me right now. They’ve got to sort the recruitment out. The amount of dross & injury prone players we’ve got on the books for next season is scary. They’ve got to give the manager more options too. Sign a natural winger, sign a ball carrier from midfield, sign a replacement left wing back for if your first choice is injured or out of form.

We shouldn’t be in a position where the whole squad is solely built to play one formation ever again.

11. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh God, I hope not Donny, and the Piggs 'll stay up.

12. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rumours circulating he lost the dressing room a while ago but Bolton was the final straw. That aside as it's a rumour, but well sourced, I really think he has added no value to the squad we have. I know he's easy to hate but Evans has got Stevenage to within 7 points of us, maybe less so if he'd stayed. If us and Rotherham keep the same managers, they'll finish above us next year.

13. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    **** em, they're highly paid professional footballers. If they can't motivate themselves for this (dispite Collins) , then they really are a set of losers

14. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So he lost the dressing room in the middle of a really good run of form.

Can I ask where this rumour is coming from? Because it sounds like someone’s chatting ******** after a few beers.

15. sadbrewer

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or perhaps imagining it to suit an agenda?

Django likes this.
  16. sadbrewer

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Would you really want Evans, Sacked at Mansfield, Peterborough and Gillingham at Oakwell?

17. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

He gets the best out of a small budget. And he has abit of passion.

Not sure if he lost the dressing room or when but I doubt been 3 up at port Vale and them coming back and almost equalising having us under the cosh for the last 20 mins.
    Or the game at posh 2 up cruising playing well then again game ends 2-2.
    Or even the Bolton game 2 up only looking like one winner then we change what we are doing and start dropping deeper and deeper eventually concede. I don't think those games will.have done great for players belief in his managerial abilities.

18. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's not the point I'm making. We haven't finished much above a club with the scant resources of Stevenage who won't have anything like the quality in our team. They did have a manager who got the best out of what they had. Can we honestly say the same.