Book of vouchers

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by twillo, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You should have left it unedited if that’s what you’ve done mate. Totally fair

2. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve been asking that because my memory is shot to pieces.

Did I pay £50 more to include the shirt, the vouchers, and priority on tickets? Or was it £50 plus another bolt on for the free shirt?

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The extra money paid for two things though, a shirt and £50 of BFC vouchers. If I bought a cinema ticket and paid extra to make it a combo with popcorn and drink I’d be annoyed if I only received the ticket and drink. If, after 10 months of complaining, I then got a voucher for free popcorn if I bought an ice-cream I’d be understandably pissed off. Why should I have to buy an ice-cream to receive the popcorn I was promised 10 months ago?

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I eat before setting off for a game and when I get home. I have never bought food in Oakwell. When we've had a early kick off I have been to somewhere in town like Brammahs, Greggs or Silkstone Inn or a chippy. I don't have interest in the sub standard junk food served at Oakwell.

The butchers I go to in the centre of Huddersfield do portions of meals for £3. Warm helpings of liver and onions, lasagne, beef stew etc. It shouldn't be hard for a Football club to so similar. They also don't think of people who are veggie, vegan or simply want to eat healthier. Your choice is meaty junk food or tough luck to you.

I would have preferred something I might have used like 20 percent off in the club shop, 50 percent off something in the club shop etc. If it had been that then in the summer I might have purchased some of the overpriced polo shirts, t shirts, training gear etc we sell. It's mental we charge around 30 quid for a t shirt that's made in Vietnam by someone probably on a few pence an hour. What's the mark up?

J... likes this.
  5. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst the delay in receiving the vouchers was unacceptable, and again I'll apologise for that, I'm proud that the club continually sets one of the cheapest season ticket prices in the EFL. It's as little as a tenner for U12s which I think is incredible. Whether the content of the vouchers is worthwhile, or whether you wanted a replica shirt, I don't know. But the value is very good compared to all of our Championship competitors. So it's a shame that this one part of the Reserved+ package has ruined any of the goodwill that our overall package deserves. Let's hope lessons have been learned.

6. SFOTyke

SFOTyke Well-Known Member

Retired (Early)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is it a typo? It may be Hats and Caps. At least they are a sensible group.

7. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That’s the thing isn’t it? By promising things they struggle to deliver on it just annoys people. If they just sold season tickets without all the fuss it wouldn’t cause the resentment that over promising does.

J... and YTBFC like this.
  8. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    thars sort of my point though for those moaning about the vouchers. They got there £50 shirt and the promise of vouchers. That was the deal. They’ve got their monies worth on the shirt and the vouchers haven’t cost them £50 like some are trying to make our. Obviously the vouchers aren’t much use to some so there’s a problem.

imagine this though…. Reds reserved plus £50 extra, free shirt, priority tickets etc… and then unannounced a book of vouchers turned up in January… totally a bonus… there’d be 100’s of posts praising the club…

9. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tbf Lee is trialling some new lines and actually the chicken flatbread was good value imo.

10. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well, obviously, but because that wouldn’t have been part of the agreed deal up front. Just like I’d praise getting bonus free popcorn in my example above but that’s completely different to advertising popcorn as part of the price. They’ve only got their monies worth on the shirt if they cared about the shirt. What if people were considering it for the priority tickets and the vouchers swung the decision (£50 for £50 of vouchers sounds like getting your money back) and the shirt was just a nice extra? You can’t know what other people placed the value on when they spent their money.

Mido likes this.
  11. SamBfC90

SamBfC90 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Well we’re not playing like a Championship club are we? And we will be in league 1 next season, so that means naff all quite frankly. It’s obviously not your fault, but I couldn’t give a toss about £50 vouchers as long as we remain competitive on the field.

Even though we are the cheapest in the championship for season tickets, I haven’t been enjoying what’s been on show so far.

anstonred, Redhelen and Shepley Red like this.
  12. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    thats true. But they knew a shirt was a shirt. They didn’t know at all what the vouchers would be for. A total gamble in your example. There’s not many going to take that as an option I’d feel.

13. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Grandad?

Yes Billy

What was it like in the olden days? What did you used to do in the 2020s?

Well Billy, we used to get 20 percent off if we spent 50 pounds on cups and hats.

Really? 20 percent?

Yes Billy, them were the days.

Wow Grandad, I wish I could get 20 percent off cups and hats. It's not fair.

Always do your best, help your mum and dad, eat all your greens and you might do one day Billy lad, you might do one day.

I'll try Grandad.

Mu-u-um, Grandad said he used to get 20 percent off cups and hats. Can I have 20 percent off cups and hats?

Ignore him Billy, he's been telling me about the time he got 20 percent off cups and hats my whole life, but I've never seen any proof of it. No one gets 20% off cups and hats Billy, not in this life.

And now to the estate. George wrote this part himself:
    John and Lisa, I love you both with all my heart. You've been the best son and daughter a man could wish for and my estate will be divided equally amongst you. I trust you not to quibble over the incidentals and sort this out amicably, as you have always done.
    And to my only grandchild Billy, I leave my most treasured possession: A 20% Off Cups and Hats voucher at Barnsley FC when you spend £50 or more.

[​IMG]

Old Goat, Mido and Redhelen like this.
  14. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just got a regular ‘scum bag’ season ticket, none of that reserved+ gubbins. I also bought a shirt at £48. Yet this scum bag can view this as a £2 gain as I look down my nose at you upper crust ‘reserved plus’ brigade.
    I shall know exactly who you are, next home match. You’ll be the ones wearing nine hats on one head, gluttoning on sausage rolls and Bovril while I smugly pat my pocket and hear the sound of two pound coins clinking together…whilst hungry, thirsty, and with a cold head.
    Enjoy x

15. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah I have.

But it read like a "ooh look what I've done" post so I changed it.

Loko the Tyke likes this.
  16. She

Sheriff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They have done, if they were RR+.

A mate of mine is questioning the suitability of his 4yo daughter receiving 2 vouchers for a free pie when she buys a pint.

17. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's another meat product though. All our warm food sales are meat. If you want to avoid meat you've got cheese and onion crisps. We can't use the vouchers for any of the new lines anyway.

Redhelen likes this.
  18. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are there really no vegetarian pies/pasties?

19. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Now I need to know what you’ve done.

Redhelen likes this.
  20. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I clotheslined Paul Conway.

Old Goat, JamDrop and Loko the Tyke like this.