Bookmark this and feel free to make me look a nob

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Oct 1, 2024 at 9:58 PM.

1. Bre

BreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's easy to say from the outside looking in. As YT said in another thread identifying talent is easy but what we can afford is quite another thing. We don't have the wealthiest owners and there isn't a long queue of potential owners waiting to swoop in and scoop us up. I don't know if Clarke was the right appointment or Collins for that matter. Head Coaches don't seem to get enough time at Oakwell to make a mark either because (Collins) they're sacked in an effort to throw red meat to the fanbase or because (Duff) they're off for more money elsewhere. There's no continuity and without that there's no evidence of anything approaching a long term plan. Our appointment strategy is akin to fire fighting instead of getting the foundations right and building from there.

2. KFC

KFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think all of your observations across recent threads on Clarke are fair. The selection, the constant change of formation, the open criticism of players are, I think, factors that are more likely to be detrimental to performance than to improve them.

I don't though think it's rational to be suggesting sacking him at this point, and arguments for the benefits of stability far outweigh the negatives I currently see. I too wish we'd have stuck with Collins.

And calling him names that you wouldn't repeat to his face makes any valid point you might make pretty much redundant.

I'd be pleased not to see any more of Cosgrove though.