Compulsory vaccinations

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Pin

PinballWizard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seemingly, they're accountable to nobody. They have the backing of the majority of the public (it seems) and the majority of the opposition in parliament. So what an opportunity to push through things that they've wanted for decades. I honestly can't remember a government lie and manipulate the public as much as this current one though.

Trouble is, they're in the brilliant position of being able to veil half of what they're up to as being crucial to public health. They've engaged in psychic warfare with the public for the last 18 months and people seem more than happy to just accept what they say now. JCVI says don't vaccine children until the risks/benefits are clearer. Government says do it anyway and parents will likely listen to Boris over the JCVI.

It might very well be that they do have your best interests at heart, though I'm not entirely convinced. Often, too, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I appreciate vaccine passports don't freak the majority out. And that's fine. Personally, though, I think we need to be worried. It does seem like they'll get through parliament with it. If they come in and are temporary and are reversed at a later stage, then I'll eat my words. And I'll also eat my shoes, I just don't see it happening.

2. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest... It's more one particular (o)poster who's irked me, with his claims of being 'right all along' when in truth he's been barely partly right on a few things, having said far more that has no semblance of reality.

You and many other posters of opposing views on here have had very reasoned debates with me on this and other subjects. I have a huge amount of respect for your opinion and stance. I certainly never intended for my comments to label or offend you.

I think the truth is, this thread (and it's many cousins) really need to die as they brings out the worst side of many of us.

Again.. I apologise and I'm going to step away once more.

Loko the Tyke and TitusMagee like this.
  3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How long before Boris brings in the same sinister idea here. He's going to find it hard to bring in vaccine passports with hospital admissions dropping quickly lately.

4. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Justin Trudeau is one scary fella. Pop it on around the 35 seconds mark once he's stopped speaking French. I think most people are worried about the power governments have over every day life, rather than being worried more about covid. 12 or over you've got to be vaccinated even to use public transport.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good old black face Trudeau

6. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Going to be five and older in California to be able to attend school.

7. SFOTyke

SFOTyke Well-Known Member

Retired (Early)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whilst I am in no way defending BoJo here for the mess he's made of the UK, it seems like every single western government has followed the same script during this pandemic, with regards to imposing the strictest authoritarian rule I'm sure any of us have experienced, and every western opposition party has gone along with it. I was surprised how Scotty from Marketing (Australian PM) changed after returning from the G7.

North Yorks Red likes this.
  8. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's genuinely sad to know.

9. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Unlike in the UK, many American states make vaccinations compulsory to attend school. You can see the current requirements for California here: https://eziz.org/assets/docs/IMM-231.pdf

Whilst I don’t believe the Covid vaccine should be one, them making it mandatory there isn’t as big a deal as it would be here as there’s such a huge precedent for making vaccinations compulsory for school attendance anyway, it’s just that they’ve added this one to the list.

Redhelen likes this.
  10. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1000 people a week are still dying from covid the VAST majority are unvaccinated. I think ok, don’t force it on people, but you got to wonder how long the health service can go on and the impact on everyones lives due to this selfishness?

Redhelen and cudeth red like this.
  11. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is a big deal as this is a new vaccine where the necessity for children to be forced in to taking it is massively debatable. It's forcing people to leave the state as a whole, so pulling a document off the internet that sites diseases, illnesses, and vaccines that we have far more awareness and understanding off doesn't really work here. They're the first state to do this for the 12+ age group and they've already committed to enforcing it for the 5+ age group as soon as it's approved.

12. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Those deaths are not solely from Covid though. They're just with a positive test in the last 28 days.

I wish the media would start being more concerned about the excess deaths stat being on the increase, deaths in the home being massively on the increase, and the genuine concern about people not being screened for illnesses that are far more severe than Covid.

Redstone and BFC Dave like this.
  13. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its not a co-incidence that the majority of those with covid on their death certificates are unvaccinated though is it?

14. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course. But it depends how you look at it. Certainly doesn't help that media headlines push one agenda and completely ignore anything else.

You're obviously more likely to get Covid if you haven't been vaccinated or have the antibodies. Therefore it's more likely you'll test positive when visiting hospital for something completely different. Doesn't mean that Covid is the cause or reason you're there though, but you will appear as a stat.

15. Red

Red Edge Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Deaths are reported in two ways - all deaths with a positive test result in the 28 days before death and all deaths were COVID is mentioned as the cause or one of the causes.

Redhelen likes this.
  16. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know. But which one do the media always choose to lead with because it's the biggest number? Even 'one of the causes' is questionable.

17. Red

Red Edge Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The bigger number is not the one you suspect it is though. Determining the causes of death isn't always easy and medics do get things wrong on death certificates but it's pretty reliable (unless you happen upon a Shipman) so I wouldn't get too hung up on 'one of the causes'. Let's be fair - medics are far more qualified to determine cause of their patients deaths.

I agree that excess mortality should get more attention - but vaccines prevent deaths.

For the record I'm against compulsory vaccinations.

Redhelen and TitusMagee like this.
  18. cudeth red

cudeth red Well-Known Member

van driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Used to be a Morris dancer

19. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve already said that I don’t approve for the Covid vaccine. However, informing someone who might not know that they differ from the UK in regards to other vaccines being compulsory is something that I considered relevant to the conversation around compulsory vaccines, whether I ‘pulled it off the internet’ or not.

Redhelen likes this.
  20. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With a tone/post that suggested it wasn't a big deal over there - which was my point. California had it's first annual population decline in decades because of mandates like this, they attempted to recall their governor with over a million signatures, and all this amongst a backdrop of homelessness getting out of control and taxes continuing to increase. This is huge news in that state.