Confused Yorkshire people

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jordym93, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Jor

Jordym93 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Plenty of confused folk around our county.

I mean the people who voted brexit and blame immigrants and sing when I was young song and arrogant towards the past of the uk. Then they vote Labour in the elections and spout how much they hate the Tories and call people lefties when they and their families voted the same party as them.

Very weird deranged people who are beyond help.

They are many of them too who i personally know and just laugh at. Very weird people

2. On yer tyke

On yer tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don’t worry about them pal.

Give every day 100% and be nice to people. Enjoy your family, friends and loads of beer. Life is good, don’t waste it worrying about people who think differently and something you don’t have any control of.

You reds.

3. bfc

bfcjeff Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well you know you have the audience to support you on here, because I'm sick to death of reading about tories, labour I've been done by brexit cry babies, but christ, get off your high horse, who the f**k are you to slag other people off because they have a different view to you, the world will always be split into two while ever you've an hole in your arse and do you really laugh at people to their face, I'm tipping you don't, because 90% will give thi a slap, you'll just come on here like it's a religious church so spout your boll ox off to like minded people.
    It's folk like thi on here that do my head in, there's that much of it it's unavoidable.

4. monkey tennis

monkey tennis Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's a celtic fan cocker!, the when I was young line should be the big giveaway.....sly dig at barnsley/yorkshire rangers fans , when some celtic fans are as bent and as bigoted as the blue half they claim moral superiority over.........sithi.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    Slightly Balding and bfcjeff like this.
  5. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Voted for Brexit and Labour? Very few did that.

bfcjeff likes this.
  6. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It will always be split because that suits the powers that be. Divide and rule, that’s the way to do it. And we never learn.

bfcjeff likes this.
  7. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you know what a bigot is Jordy.. someone who can't tolerate a different view.. contemplate this..
    And as for calling people with a different view deranged... Then I'd would say you have a very ugly Natzi ideology

8. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why is the post directed at Yorkshire?

The whole of Britain has been divided by the politics of the last decade.

JamieBreweryStander likes this.
  9. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Am I the only one who read the original post as being about the contradictions of people?

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  10. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just couldn't follow it if I'm honest.

11. ryc

rycalshaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I voted for brexit and voted Labour' my dislike of the EU old boys club started way before brexit was even mentioned after watching a tv programme called trawlermen where perfectly edible fish were being thrown back in the water ( dead)' because of quotas and the fishermen sying how the French could fish in our waters but we couldn't in theres' thats when i started really looking into what it was all about and all i could see was self serving pigs at a trough' this is why i get so annoyed at people that say all brexiteers are racists etc' it simply isn't true race never came into it with me at all as i would imagine it didn't with thousands of folk' as for voting Labour' by Corbyn hinting that he may not carry out brexit he committed political suicide and handed Boris the election on a plate' what with Corbyn sitting on the fence and the libdems saying ******** to brexit the tories must have thought all their birthdays had come at once..

Red CB, Ironclad, bfcjeff and 3 others like this.
  12. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Remember kids…don’t do drugs

DannyWilsonLovechild likes this.
  13. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    class research fella! if only we had an MEP whose job it was to go to meetings about this and fight to change it… if only

14. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bang on. I wanted to vote Labour but they were dismissing Brexit as a protest vote and offering the possibility of another referendum. I thought we'd had enough uncertainty brought on by dallying. To me Labour just slowed things down voting down the Prime Minister on anything and everything seemed petty and I thought Boris Johnson was right to call an election and duly won by a landslide. If Labour had said "we're out that's it". I'd have voted Labour.

bfcjeff likes this.
  15. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Not getting into an argument. Clearly fewer Labour voters voted Brexit but the best estimate was around 30% . That is a bit more than "very few".

Pedantic? Moi??;)

16. ryc

rycalshaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes' theres been a lot said about the red wall areas being lost and make no mistake the tories didn't win it Labour lost it' the red wall areas voted overwhelmingly to leave and quite what Corbyns advisors were thinking i don't know' same with the libdems ****** to brexit slogan' your trying to win an election so you alienate 51% of the ekectorate' great move..

bfcjeff and Stephen Dawson like this.
  17. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not having a dig by the way, I'm genuinely interested to know, but do you still have the same view of Europe?

Edit; What do you think about how the Fishermen have been treated by our own Government since we left?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
  18. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Johnson and the ERG were part of the problem, blocking legislation and trying to remove May. The reality of Brexit is that the promises from the staunchest advocates were and are ridiculous and can't be delivered. They wrapped up utopian undeliverables into catchy slogans and sodded the truth.

"Taking back control" was not the UK, not the general people, not you and me. It was the elites. The euro sceptics who want to pay as little tax as possible, rig laws in their favour, do whatever they want to benefit themselves even more but have no come back or responsibility whatsoever.

Is the EU perfect? No. Were we better off, more free, better protected, wealthier and safer within the EU? Yes.

Sadly now, as support for Brexit dwindles further, the main parties are turning a blind eye to the costs and impacts of being outside of the EU.

BBBFC, Mido, tosh and 2 others like this.
  19. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    "Fighting for change at meetings", IMO would have been pointless on that particular issue at least. The arrogance and intransigence of certain MEPs was evidenced by that particular incident. I remember Hugh Fearnley Whittinstall 'buttonholing' the MEP (fishing minister?) outside the EU parliament building (having been refused entry to the building and meetings with officials). I think eventually he was allowed in but no cameras or recording)
    He was highlighting in a TV series the whole mess of 'discard' having done huge amounts of research and investigative journalism regarding sustainable fishing, and spending time with fishermen. The MEP dismissed him in a totally patronising way, claiming "you do not understand the complexity of the issue" and proceeded to 'explain' whilst HFW completely destroyed each point made in turn as nonsense. You only have to look at the terms of the Brexit deal on simple thing like imports of seafood (albeit our numpties signed up to it) Dozens of documents to sign for one box of fresh shellfish!! Also what about the nonsense of no meat products to be imported by individuals into the EU e.g. sealed packets of suet, lard, etc. even tinned. Worse still stuff originally produced in the EU on sale in the UK cannot be taken into the EU and fines and confiscation await anyone caught doing so (all allegedly in the name of protecting EU citizens.
    Touring musicians entertainers etc in the EU for non EU citizens is a nightmare for everyone Aussies, US, UK etc. It was actually easier pre EU than now. Just three examples of protectionist practices and bureaucratic red tape rife in the EU.

20. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Longest sentence in BBS history?

Thrappo Tyke likes this.