Danny says ‘NOT his decision to sell Potts ....... ask Whitey

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Young Nudger, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Errrrmmm
    Heckys comments about Ganayes response to why he (Hecky) left Barnsley is quite disturbing.

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed as the only person kept in the dark are the lifeblood of a club which is the fans.

GudjonFan and Steve Wood like this.
  3. Tel

Telboyred Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The board and however are above him still, unfortunately, have a direct and immediate responsibility to the fans - who incidentally pay the wages and keep the BFC afloat mate!!

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's true. My point is nothing at BFC would happen if our board wasn't happy for it to happen. So Ganaye can say he wants to sell Potts to PNE but it wouldn't have happened if Lee, Conway etc were not happy with the deal. Ganaye is the scapegoat for the board with the fans just like Rowing and Mansford in the past.

John Peachy likes this.
  5. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve not heard/read the interview with Daniel (yet) - I myself didn’t want Potts to go but I’m not heartbroken either! Whether it’s a fee of £1.5 mill or £2 mill (both reported), it’s good business for the club. We turned down bids for him in the summer so we didn’t just roll over like in the past. I don’t know if there was a release clause or not, but Brad himself must have wanted to go to Preston- fair enough I think but let’s remember, he’s not Messi!

ScubaTyke likes this.
  6. jedi one

jedi one Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

ScubaTyke and TitusMagee like this.
  7. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    no-one was tied down to anything during the original contract negotiations

8. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Not saying this is true, I don't even know that there was a release clause or that we renegotiated or anything.

However, one possibility is that we renegotiated in the summer, to bring wages down, but inserted the release clause to keep the player/agent happy.

9. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's precisely why they bought the club. They want a return on their investments and Barnsley are one of a few clubs in the Championship that made a profit. That's the moneyball process. Buy young players sell at a profit and then restock with slightly better young uns and sell at a bigger profit. Club gets known for bringing on youngsters so they are eager to progress their careers. 2 years time none of these players will be here. You'd better get used to it or support Man United.

10. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bring a member of this Forum for a number of years I accept the difference of views but (forgive me) i’ve never read such a pile if sh*te. I was here long before the current Board, CEO, Coaching staff and players, and i’ll Be here long after they have all left. So, this is MY Club, and yes, I expect it to be run differently to a Supermarket and yes, I expect to know how the Club is run. And, if i’m Unhappy about how it is run, i’m not going to chose another product, Leeds, Wednesday etc.... I ‘m going to seek ‘Regime change’.

Put more directly, i’m not a Fu*cking customer, i’m A fan. If you’re not happy about my position then it’s you who should consider your situation. Frankly, I don’t really want to sit with ‘Customers ‘.

11. Ste

Steve Wood Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The owners made it very clear that they would be continuing with the same policy of buying young players, developing them and selling them on. They may think this policy will help the club progress or they may just want to make money. No-one knows their true intentions.

The policy has its merits and certainly the club is financially stable right now. I believe they'll still be very competitive in League One and might get promoted but success in the Championship imo would require a change of plan. The fans do deserve to be shown some respect and be told what their overall strategy is, but if you enjoy watching young, talented players develop and then move on to bigger clubs, then BFC is the club for you.

Personally I hoped for better when mega rich owners bought the club but ultimately it's their club and they can do what they want. So can I and this year watching Worsbrough Bridge at a fiver a game has proved to be great entertainment and imo better value for money than what's on offer at Oakwell...

12. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you think Potts would have scored 2 today, then been mom in next round, scored a last minute wonder goal inround after that and then chien would have bought a bye with Man City the round after that and then bought hourihane, bree, winnall, scowen and Watkins back for the final and then they all had a massive communal we’ve won the f.a cup **** in your pocket?
    Just asking

13. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or he had a clause triggered and as such neither the board of coach had a say, or Potts forced it, or GG received an offer asked DS if he objected to it being accepted (with potential arrivals yet to be seen), or ........
    So many variables than the two set out

scarf likes this.
  14. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doubt very much the owners decide on every transfer, that’s what they employ GG for the day to day stuff(which transfers are).
    They will be involved in the strategy and funding of running the club and major decisions like being asked for extra funding but certainly not every employment decision.

Dalestykes and ubique_tyke like this.
  15. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Would appear so, be interesting to see how it plays out. So far one promotion one relegation.

16. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fan, customer, call yourself what you want your only option for regime change is to stop going and persuade a hell of a lot more to do likewise. Good luck with that.
    The club do owe the supporters a feed of information but if you think you're entitled to being privy to the financial details of how the club is run you're deluded.
    Half of the info that certain posters "demand" to know on here would be detrimental to the club anyway if it were public knowledge.

Abruzzo Red, ScubaTyke and jedi one like this.
  17. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Such as what?

18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Bossman likes this.
  19. EdwardBFC

EdwardBFC Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Slight over reaction here since Potts left.
    We did well to make any profit at all for him. He’s peaked, there’s not much more potential in him. Average league 1 player which we finally saw this season. He was shocking last season because the Championship is too big a step up for his ability, so really we have had Preston’s pants down. Well done BFC.

Now if our ambitions are to get back into the championship, then we need better players than Brad Potts! There is plenty more time in this window to find said better players, and I have faith we will.

anstonred and ScubaTyke like this.
  20. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same as The Don and Ben Mansford before GG
    They don't make any decisions, they do as they are told. Also the coaches are told to work with who they have/get.