Darren Gough on Sky Sports News

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by doddy, Jul 28, 2007.

1. dod

doddy Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Goughy finally set the record straight to the country and told everyone hes a Barnsley fan, and a Spurs lover

Barnsley through and through he says

So that gets rid of the confusion of who he supports

2. Dis

DiscoTyke New Member

'and told everyone hes a Barnsley fan, and a Spurs lover

Barnsley through and through he says

So that gets rid of the confusion of who he supports'

......................it's like saying 'Im a big fan of the wife and also I really love the bit on the side I see on Wednesday's and Friday'.......................I would however never the leave the wife for my bit of fluff'.

....................FFS Spurs? Why? ....................I am reluctant to knock the lad given he was a great cricketer -and as ambassadors for Barnsley goes, one of it's better ones. However, have never understood this supporting 2 teams nonsense. It smacks of 'I want to support Barnsley because they are my local team BUT I also need to support someone else with more kudos and a chance of wnning silverware'...............I think the word m looking for is hypocrisy.

3. Gue

Guest Guest

I think you'll find most people have a second club

Even if you don't have one yourself a lot of people look our for another club who they like to do well. Someone ran a thread on here not long back asking people who their second clubs were and just about everyone (obviously not you) replied.</p>

He's also been living down south for a number of years and chose to watch Spurs rather than Chelsea or Arsenal. It's a long time since Spurs won anything so he's hardly a glory hunter.</p>

4. tyk

tyke69 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have a second club - Cheltenham Town

5. Gue

Guest Guest

RE: I think you'll find most people have a second club

(hidebehindsofa)

6. Jim

Jimmy Jazz New Member

I think he supported them when he was a kid. The Hoddle and Ardiles days... and when they had the coolest kit.

Don't you still have a fond regard for your first crush?

Although I don't think I would give Selina Scott one now.

7. gingerwizard

gingerwizard Member

Retail Operations Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    spot on jimmy jazz,i have known Goughy since 1st year juniors at st helens junior & infants,'78,he started supporting spurs from about the 1980/81 season due to that particular teams f.a cup exploits of the time,played for Barnsley boys though but wasnt offered pro terms so he went to Rotherham as a y.t.s lad till cricket took over has his no.1 sport,there you have it.

8. mrx

mrx Banned Idiot

manager
    Home Page:
    Made it public that he supported Spurs even when we were in prem

oh **** hes now back in yorkshire and changed his mind ......................

9. Dis

DiscoTyke New Member

.................so out of these 'second clubs' how many are Prem Clubs and how many are the likes of Rochdale, Hartlepool etc etc? As far the poll on here showing most people have a second club then I unreservedly apologise. Scientifically proved -I am in the minority......................(?)

.............and as for picking a second team because someone 'likes their kit' - bleedng hell, white shirts and black shorts for Spurs -it's hardly Versace is it?

..............you will be saying next people pick a second team because they like the sound of it's name..............................perhaps I will follow Scnuthorpe a bit more closely from now on.........................

10. Jim

Jimmy Jazz New Member

When you are a kid and you are first getting interested in football... something like kit design is what attracts you. I remember when I was at school most kids wanted the Spurs admiral kit and then when they came along with the Le Coq shiney kit... well that was the thing.

You are trying to apply logic to the development of a child's preferences.