Disaster Night For Spurs.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Stephen Dawson, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Both Man Utd and Newcastle win. Three points behind and they both have a game in hand.

2. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Be reyt, Spuds are nowhere near Champions League quality.

3. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I also saw today that Harry Kane is considering an extension to his contract with Spurs. Obviously settled on the money rather than the glory

4. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure on this, he'd get more money at Man Utd - or at the very least matched there. Does make me chuckle with the vast amounts of Spurs fans gloating they've 'won the transfer window'. Richarlison with 0 goals at the cost of about 60 million is atrocious. Bringing Spence in when it was so obvious Conte didn't want him was another 15 million spunked up the wall, then they go on to spend another 45 million 5 months later on a different right wing back. Bringing players like Lenglet on loan & Perisic is just shoddy business, I understand Perisic is a classic Conte player but at 34 and with the increased physicality & expectation in the premier league, really poor from them. Doesn't help that Son has fallen off a cliff to be fair to Spurs, which is unfortunate because he's a cracking player. Failing to get Nagelsmann or Pocc back, I actually think Potter would be excellent there, given adequate time, took a while to get to the heights he finally got with Brighton but I think that's what Spurs need now. All these superstar managers just haven't worked, Mourinho, Conte, even Pocc towards end had something like 4 wins in 24 games. I don't mind Spurs though, and I hope they can fix their issues. I'd rather them finish in the top 4 than the likes of Liverpool, Chelsea, manchester United etc, etc.

5. Abruzzo Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I completely agree with all you have said, just surprised that Kane is even considering this given he must have options.

6. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd be surprised if he does stay too bud, I reckon it's his last chance now. He's broken records for Spurs, not much more he can do for them - and to be fair a lot of Spurs fans on the radio/social media say similar, they don't begrudge him a move because of how good he's been for 'em. Obviously not every Spurs fan will feel that way of course. He's been incredibly consistent for them. I think the only option really is Manchester united, no other English club will be in for him. Bayern Munich keeps getting mentioned, but I reckon he wants Shearer's record...

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  7. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They could appoint Pep as manager and Klopp as his assistant, they'd still under achieve whilst Levy is running the shop....

8. Abruzzo Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    United are apparently the team in for him, but time will tell. He should have moved last year but at the end if the day he deserves to win trophies given his record

9. Gravy Chips

Gravy Chips Well-Known Member

Web Designer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope Kane stays at Spurs for no other reason than I think it's very special in this day and age to have a one-club player like that. Proper legend material for those fans if he sticks with them, even more so than he already is.

10. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not entirely sure I'd agree with that mate. They've spent loads the last few years, run sustainably to a point. He's played hardball for Kane, Modric, Bale and got great value out of them all. He's appointed managers who are/were world class, big names, very VERY expensive. I know he's the go-to villain for Spurs fans but I'm not entirely sure why (other than the obvious, they've not won a trophy since '08.). But is it Levy's fault they played a very changed side in the cups? Losing to Sheffield united when your fans are crying for a trophy is disastrous, but it wasn't Levy who decided to leave out their best players. He's got them from a midtable side to a side that challenges very well for top 4 nearly every year - I think they've finished above Arsenal for something like 7 out of 8 seasons now? New stadium, world class training facilities & academies, spent plenty on transfers, even more on player wages, spent huge wages on massive names to coach the players. Is it really his fault or do Spurs fans just want a Saudi/Qatari backed side who splashes the cash like PSG? They've spent around 200 million on players this season alone, around 100 million last season, around 100 million the season before that and so on. What more could he do?

11. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Levy is right for Spurs. His alignment is wrong though. Chasing the golden pig of the Champions League when a trophy will suffice. In England you're competing against Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal for three trophies. 6 into 3 is just about doable.

The Champions League forgetting the purse for a second. You're up against 4 of those six from Spain, Italy, Holland, Germany and France.

Even less chance of a trophy. Yet all the eggs are in that basket but they aren't the golden one Levy wants.

12. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with this 100% mate. All I've heard from spurs fans is that they'd rather win a trophy than top 4. Unfortunately though for them, Levy will always prioritise top 4 and that CL money. Out of all the elite clubs I think by a country mile spurs are the most sustainable, and that is down to him. I think last year they were only behind real Madrid, Manchester United and Man City in terms of revenue? Which is amazing when you think about clubs like Barcelona, arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus, Bayern etc etc.

13. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He’s not chasing CL for the trophy though, it’s for the money.
    Far more money just getting into CL than winning a domestic cup.

Redhelen and Stephen Dawson like this.
  14. JamieBreweryStander

JamieBreweryStander Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t get this idea that Tottenham are underperforming, or should be higher up the table. Surely about 4th to 7th is about par for the course for them, which is exactly where they are?

Redhelen and John Peachy like this.
  15. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think he tarnished that by throwing a wobbly to try and force a move to Man City. He's not a one club player through choice, and everyone knows it.

16. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And the tactics they adopted after going one up against ten man Everton proves to me that they deserve to be at the lower end of your projection.

Redhelen likes this.
  17. DazFrumTarn

DazFrumTarn Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd laugh if he ended up back at Arsenal.

Kane first played for a local club, Ridgeway Rovers, and joined the Arsenal youth academy when he was eight years old. He was released after one season for being "a bit chubby" and not "very athletic", according to Liam Brady who was then in charge of Arsenal's academy.

One of their own? Pah.

18. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spurs are the Tim Henman of football.

19. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes there's a photo of him when he was a young lad and he's in an arsenal top. Arsenal fans love reminding them & floating that picture around haha:D

DazFrumTarn and Stephen Dawson like this.
  20. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Spurs are the England National Team of domestic football