Does anyone else sometimes feel they've more in common with Scotland fans than many of England's?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MonkeyRed, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With 40,000 england fans over at the euros. How many incidents are caused by the english. Or initiated by fans of other countries. Hell bent on taking on the English so to speak.
    Yes they may get noisy in some places. And react if targeted by hooligans. But the label of the 70's and 80's is imo unwarranted.
    As for things in common. I travel all over the country watching tarn. And invariably meet fans of the other team and feel comfortable. And have friendly chats. Unlike during those years as said.
    Do I feel we have more in common with the northerners and scots and welsh. That is pretty obvious due to lots of mainly industrial areas. Coal and Steel. For example.
    I also find the biggest critics of those in the south are themselves. Those in particular that move up here. Will say. " it's much more friendly up here' That's imo due to the community spirit brought about by industry. We are in danger of losing that ourselves.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
    Wuz1964, On yer tyke and MonkeyRed like this.
  2. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Yet more Scottish fans arrested than English so far..

Wuz1964 likes this.