Don't forget to vote tonight

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by #FWF, May 23, 2019.

1. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Abbott has a fantastic track record of what she has delivered to her local constituents, which is why she gets voted in all the time, she is probably a good example of someone who is a good MP but not Ministry material.

2. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I omitted the SNP and Plaid in my post, in an effort to be uber fair. They have more fervent supporters who are likelier to stick with their party for other reasons regardless of EU stance. The message nevertheless is that there isn't clear enough support for Leave to blindly follow an out of date mandate, without going back to the people.

pompey_red likes this.
  3. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It’s plain to see to any normal rational folk that the country is still split, Farage and his grinning goons will claim a victory. At what cost however.

4. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Was it a general election? Btw, can you please enlighten me on any of the party’s opinion on NHS, Welfare, etc.... your nose is longer than you care to think...

5. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    You obviously failed to read my post in your rush to be angry. Il leave you to it.

6. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just seen 40.4% (Anti) and 34.9% (Pro), Conservatives (9.1%) Labour (14.1%) on the BBC website.
    At the moment, we don't know Labours intentions as they were trying to ride two horses, but the
    figures seem to suggest that the figures last night show those who want to remain probably "have it."

Over the coming days , after intervention from the likes of Emily Thornberry and Tom Watson, I fully
    expect my party ( the Reds) will announce they are prepared to support a second referendum taking
    us back to 2016 and 'm still backing what the "experts" are saying, GE probably in October.?

pompey_red likes this.
  7. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How do these results matter at all when we are leaving the eu?
    The only thing I’m interested in seeing is whether the tories and labour are humble enough this time round to see the protest vote as it is and accept change. An approach not taken after the last protest vote with UKIP. Perhaps then we can start to take these jokers seriously

8. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    They have the most seats as an individual party but not a majority.
    Two anti Brexit party’s match them greens and Lib Dem’s .
    I wouldn’t predict which way the main party’s voters were tbh as no one knows but they weren’t anti or pro Brexit per se.
    It’s ridiculous when the country is so split that a decision can be made either way .
    The Brexiteers can’t get it passed because they havnt a decent majority and the remainers cant put a stop to it because neither have they .
    Something had to be done about the stalemate and that’s either compromise or a second referendum sigh a clear % of winning margin that truly reflects the will of the general consensus .
    If this doesn’t happen soon our country will go down the pan as businesses fail or stagnate or relocate .
    The will of the people is not a 3.8% majority in any ones book and just because David Cameron couldn’t organise a do in a brewery should not dictate this country’s future.

churtonred and #FWF like this.
  9. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    A worrying lack of ability to think critically, and Farage feeds off this vulnerability. So many people are apathetic and don't have the time or inclination to look into things for themselves. They just accept something as fact because it affirms their world view.