Doug Sez

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fitzytyke, Oct 9, 2024 at 5:05 PM.

1. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

You said we’d lost 4 wages, I just pointed out you hadn’t factored in the 7 new signings. in case you’d forgotten.

Most of the other stuff is just guesswork so not really worth the time.

2. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cheltenham Town have confirmed that manager Darrell Clarke has left the team to take up a role with League one side Barnsley.

His departure comes a matter of weeks after the Robins failed in their survival bid in the same division, being relegated on the final day of the campaign after losing to Stevenage.

Speaking to ITV News on that day Clarke refused to be drawn on his future.

"Today is not a day to talk about me and that, I need to know what the plan is and I need to see what the steps are to make sure that this club can get back out of that league at the first time of asking," he said

The 46-year-old had been offered a new contract but his departure comes at a time when other high profile names linked with the club also announced they would not be renewing their contracts.

Captain Sean Long will depart after 6 years and midfielder Liam Sercombe has also opted not to sign a new deal.

Speaking of joining Barnsley, who finished sixth in League One last year, Clarke said: "I'm absolutely delighted, can’t wait to get started.

"I’m proud to be managing this football club, I’m really looking forward to it. I didn’t need to be sold on the club, it’s got huge potential and I’m excited to get myself going and get the squad rebuilt and try to push on for a promotion challenge.”

3. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And he still hasn’t thrown a six :D

jptykes likes this.