European City Breaks (Sorry non George Moncur Post)

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Archey, Jun 21, 2016.

1. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The EU agreement if Free Movement of Workers, nothing to do with tourism. You may get tighter (better imho) passport checks, but a brexit ain't going to stop people holidaying in the European continent.

2. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rovinj is quite busy these days but it doesn't detract from its beauty. I reckon by September the volume of people will have dropped off nicely though. We are heading back to Porec on Saturday, not as crowded and a bit more laid back as a result, with imo, better choice of hotels for the right price. But not as pretty as Rovinj. I am sure we will make it round to Rovinj for the day, its only 25 miles away.

Plitvice is stunning, but quite a distance from Istria. We did it a couple of years back when in Makarska.
    Postojnska Jama is awesome.
    If you don't mind long trips, you could consider a trip up to Lake Bled in Slovenia as well, probably one of the most beautiful places on earth.

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not quite Europe (unless you are Nigel Farage) but Marrakesh is fantastic for a short haul short stay long weekend.

4. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its late September so I'd hope the numbers are a little lower. We've been aiming to visit Croatia for years, but always seem to have visited somewhere else instead. And we quite like seeing several places in one trip, whether close, or long haul. Probably won't make it to Slovenia, but thanks for the tip, will certainly consider for the future.

Research then shifts to more northern lights hunting and looking like Cuba and Belize in the new year... was going to Cambodia, but what can I say... we're fickle! ;-)

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cambodia is the best place I've ever been. Ankhor Wat is literally amazing.

6. bot

bottlebank18 Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you're going to Krakow, definitely do Auschtwitz and the salt mines. There's a few companys that you can book a taxi for the day who will drive you to them both as well as give some info on the way, for a reasonable price as well.

Id also recommend Prague, Tallinn (Estonia's capital and it's a brilliant little place!), Riga and closer to home Edinburgh.

Vilnius in Lithuania is meant to be a stunner, as is Montenegro and Croatia.