Far Left Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Reform Disco, Aug 15, 2024.

1. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Generally I agree. It's an anti prejudice stance in general but there does need to be exceptions to bring parity of opportunity.

It's a problem I saw a lot in South Africa. Because black communities had been so oppressed by apartheid.. if they weren't shoehorned into jobs and education ahead of more qualified white people then you couldn't break the status quo. There is a lot of bitterness against it but you have to level the playing field somehow.

But yeah I don't agree with diversity quotas for employers in this country.. I think the focus should be in ensuring they can accommodate for different cultures and religions in their workforce and that advertising is open fair and not directed at a particular race or community.

Redstone likes this.
  2. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And the Knuckle Dragger. ?

3. Mul

MullerRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's the post that I found offensive & not getting any response speaks volumes.
    It was pretty clear the OP was being mocked for a lack of keyboard skills, then ST piles in by calling him (the OP) a knuckle dragger.
    I'll go by this definition of a bigot:
    "a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc."
    To me, the offensive post is bigoted & serves well to highlight the point in the OP from Reform Disco.

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I haven't actually read 99% of this thread as I didn't feel like reading someone trying to wind everyone up for 8 or 9 pages. I was replying to something I noticed where someone mentioned inability to quote hardly being a surprise. Not sure who had the inability to quote but it's a common theme with those I described.

5. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So call someone a knuckle dragger based on your inability or can't be arsed to read the context of an issue.
    And YOU want other people banned. Based on your opinion. How does that work. Should we call for you to be banned. ?.
    Believe it or not your opinions on who you complain about racists and bigots invade every thread. And your complaint is well known. Maybe give us a rest from your repeats. Blaming admin and anyone who doesn't agree to your views. As to who are racists and who MAY NOT BE. Donny red or whomever was removed. Not for your benefit but his also.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2024
    Wuz1964 likes this.
  6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    **** sake. I haven't read comments by the reform guy other than his initial one in this thread therefore I was not calling HIM a knuckle dragger, I was making a general point regarding Fonzie making a humorous post about a certain type of poster being unable to use the quote button.

I know you dislike me, you've made it clear for years. Why not just block me then you don't have to pick one sentence out of a 9 page thread to focus on to target me and attribute my comments to what you think I mean despite being told repeatedly that I dont

7. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yet didnt hit the reply button.
    I dont hate anyone ST strong word. Would But what I won't do is join in your vitriol as you seem to want to control the BBS. And others views. Anyone who doesnt like it can fekk off. Your words not mine. Well. I don't like your views on occasion and will reply. Or would you like to have this board to yourself.
    All I've ever said when you were bairnin about everything the club did. Was go put your complaints to the club and been given the opportunity by myself and others. Your reply. "No" I asked why. Your reply. Fekk all to do with thee.
    You post some valid points and I've agreed. You went to town on Tuton. But if I'm right went missing when asked for a response to his innocence.

HowMuch! likes this.
  8. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I went to town on a convicted man based on the fact he was convicted in a court of law and the evidence presented by the court. I'm not going to apologise to him for the court getting it wrong but I would gladly speak to him if he ever wanted to about my reaction to his conviction and apologise to him I just find it a bit weird to apologise to you or anyone else random for what i said about a convicted man who isnt you. In fact I would gladly back him legally in a bid to show how his false conviction harmed his character.

10. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Everyone has a right to an opinion. However, when that opinion is based on ignorance and propaganda and refuses to be influenced by facts and reasoned arguments, it ceases to be an opinion and becomes more akin to religious doctrine.