First Leg - club hope for c4500

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by funnyfella23, May 6, 2021.

1. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sure you could do that if you really wanted to, but where do you draw the line? Why 3 or more years, why not 4 or more? Why only 3 categories? What if you had one for 20 years but missed last season? Could go on forever. Also assumes the online system is sophisticated enough to apply these kinds of bespoke rules, for this one-off scenario. And queues at the Box Office are a complete non-starter. Whichever way you cut it, there aren't enough tickets for every ST holder. Feels fair to me, that everyone who bought a ST for this season should have equal opportunity to apply for a ticket. I've had a season ticket for over 20 years, and don't think I should get any preferential treatment over someone who bought their first one this year.

ATYKE1 likes this.
  2. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should have those categories, I was just saying it would be quite easy to use that kind of system if we wanted to. For me if we can't all get in then a random raffle is the only way to do it because it says we've all suffered the same and we're all equal.
    I agree with you though, everyone should be allowed in really.

3. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Last time they asked people to join groups it was made clear that larger groups didn't mean higher chances to get in. It would be the group that's in the ballot, rather than individuals.

I think allowing people to change their groups makes a lot of sense. I'm sure a lot of peoples circumstances have changed since the last time they registered.

I'm still not planning on entering the ballot, which I'm sure surprises nobody. Not only do I consider it a little too early for myself considering my personal circumstances, I also am not that bothered about going. I'd rather allow people that are chomping at the bit to go get a seat.

4. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah I get that. My question isn’t about people changing their groups though, it’s about being able to add yourself to more than 1 network. I don’t think the latter should be allowed, and I'm hoping it isn't under this ballot.

5. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Oh I haven’t seen that. That makes no sense if that’s the case, yeah.

6. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah and tbf they haven't specifically said whether you can or not. That's just the bit I'm asking Gally to clarify, from the wording that's gone out